Sunday, December 1, 2013

Posted.

Heavens to Mergatroid!

After a grand Saturday with flying with awesome people and then napping and editing... followed by a Sunday of calm laundry and more editing and fiddling..... its been a nice Thanksgiving. Wished we could have been up with the parents but being as bound to the homebase makes that near impossible. I miss my parents. But, they are comfortable at home so its all good. Soon enough we will be able to visit more.

Still cranking the file moving. Had to move it to the main computer as there was a problem with file locations. No biggie. Its processing in there. I go visit it to check it here and there. Also locating pictures for the CB still and putting those things together. Tomorrow is Monday and I am kinda looking forward to getting in there are doing some stuff.... strange but it kinda excites me. There are things to hunt for and do. I like that.

I ran through files that I thought would never work for colorization while looking for something abstract enough to print in a big 3 set of 20 by 30 inch shots for the living backroom... which is hard...or easy but so many choices. I found a few taken up in the mountains. Take a peek...


A touch of green.


Unseen bars.


Speckles.


Mirrors.


Pristine past the sign.

There are a few more and some more interesting things to play with but I have to limit due to teeth grinding.

Oh so many things to do... and I didn't stay up late any of the last few days either. Schedule is intact. hah!

Not much out there on the nets worth it.. but a few.. because.

A man before his times but still able to create what his mind saw..... MASSIVE THOUGH!.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/12/01/time-machines/

I loved Dr Who and the whole setup when I was a kid. Its far too campy for me now. But this was an excellent innocent view of it all.

http://io9.com/the-doctor-who-kids-play-hide-and-seek-with-a-weeping-a-1474222783

I think this blogger lost it somewhere. I love leftovers from Thanksgiving. I can agree on the Black Friday foolishness. I do believe retailers do it on purpose and I feel very sorry for the workers who have to handle the loonies who destroy stores for supposed deals. If you like the crowds and comport yourselves with respect for everyone I bow in your general direction. Not me.. not anymore..not for a while.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-holiday-traditions-we-should-stop-pretending-to-enjoy/

And... as much as this is cute.. nice and good reuse of throwaway things... well... its nice.

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/6-awesome-pictures-showing-an-old-bus-turned-chic-home

Myself.. well I keep coming back to a container house. A 40 by 8.5 by 8 container. I'd frame in the inside.. have two completely glass doored ends just inside the main metal doors so you can open or close them as well as slide the doors out of the way. Living dining kitchen bath bedroom... one end to the other. Minimal ports in the container that can be sealed... then move it wherever along with a 20 by 8.5 by 8 for genni, solar, water, and misc. Just pop em on a truck and take em to the port.. ship em wherever I want to live for a while... My main thought over a trailer or mobile home or coach type home on wheels is the strength of the unit. I think I would also get a bunch of camo nets to cover them in so its not a blight on the natural area they are set up in if that is in the fields or forests. So I expect they would be painted a dappled green. Its an interesting idea to think on.

":O)