Monday, December 9, 2013

Continuity.... And Re-hash.

Welp! It was one of those days that make you raise one eyebrow. I have to say I love my job ( shhhh ). I probably belly ache about it a lot but even with all the things I don't know... and thats a long list.. I like learning the new things... and where I should pay more attention and its different.

I ended the day in the "doing three things" at once thing. I had a request so I sent out for information. While that was going on was sending another email out on an altogether different subject while looking for a form that was gone and looking through email for a specific subject and through the files for another piece of information. It was all good though.

I did get a little frustrated at my memory because I knew or know I knew where the information was or is but it was hiding. I mean my filing system is super simple. Its either by subject or date. I think a lot of the things I am looking for in my email system is archived. Ah well. I didn't stay late as it would have been a waste of time waiting for info that wouldn't be here till tomorrow if I am lucky.

I read a very good blog last night.. It was well put together and clear which tells me that the way I write is the way my brain pushes the data out. Shotgun style. Sawed off shotgun styled. Oh.. and I thought I had long posts... naaaa... I'm a piker in comparison.

Just a little time to play with files today.

Cranky


560


Needles


Outstanding


A Jar

Taking these shots I wanted to cull out the other tractors but that isnt a problem with the focus color edits. Now I have to go back and reshoot these because there were some awesome shots I passed over because it was too hard to crop them.

Oh.. I would make a terrible farmer / rancher. I spent a month and a half out of a summer on a farm in Idaho.. One of the more dreadful experiences in my life. Not the work but the living conditions... Farmers / Ranchers are very underrated. I salute any rancher or farmer out there. ( I base this on being down a irrigation water pump well with a huge motor pump suspended above me cleaning out bucket after bucket of mud while making dinner for some very hungry mosquitos ).

Less muddy things...

http://www.gizmag.com/third-kind-led-lights-skateboards/30029/

Ride em cowboy.... I want rotating lights and air bags and powered wheels and brakes and and and... I want a small car... hahahahaha....

http://io9.com/abandoned-space-observatories-are-monuments-to-science-1479519920

Wooo nothing like an abandoned observatory...Wouldnt it be nice to repurpose them as houses...

http://www.neatorama.com/2013/12/08/The-Top-Movie-Mistakes-of-2013/#!psg4A

This is a short list.. very... The inconsistencies of the last bond movie... ouch.. who came up with this storyline...

http://gizmodo.com/9-fun-facts-that-are-total-lies-1478595535

Oh the photoshopping that went on way before adobe and gimp... sheesh!

Too bad we were not allowed to take cameras where I worked... I'd show you pictures of very old computers that were working then.. blue lightning nixie tubes glowing warmly as classical gas is playing to test the system... ... Gold lights on a glossy black mainframe computer that sat in a dark corner, cards were about 4 inches on the side and there were lights in each one... flaring then dying in a decorius dance.. Mag tape drives spinning in infinitum... all these things... will be lost.... have been lost...

Oh well, at least I do not have to fix them now.