Friday, December 6, 2013

Now who's a pretty boy!



That just flashed in my head. It is what my Grandfather used to say to his budgerigar. Green and white.. Sparkie! I remembered his name. Wow! I only have faint memories of the house my Grandparent lived in in England when I first went over. My Grandfather was a Gentleman in all senses of the word. My Grandmother I have few memories of because we lost her when I was about 5. But I remember her as very kind and loving. I remember the warm and comforting smell of the main floor of their home. Hmmm… brings back more questions. I also remember his fish and then my uncles boats. Odd how just when it gets brisk out I get these thoughts.

The other always remembered things about my Grandfather are that if you made a sound..  like… If you were trying to recreate a horse sound or car sound he would say…. How's it go? Then you would make the sound and he would say it again.. sly smile on his face. And then there was his question ( I can see it and him clearly in my minds eye ) while we were sitting around the kitchen table at 2 Stone Farm eating,… why do you need that napkin… can you not hit your mouth with your food? Perhaps you are trying to eat too large a bite. I learned a lot from Him and my Father and my Mother. I have fond memories going way back and even those less than happy memories have fondness around them because of the lessons that was learned. I also cannot forget all the immaturity and over all major trouble I created for my parents. Not conscious but regret. Hindsight is 20 x 20.

I can also see ( almost ) every screw up with every person ( probably forgetting some ) I have had.. Not to say I can't see the good things too its just that we tend to dwell on the negative. This would be a “not fit to be around” day for me. I know I owe a lot of people. Is there a way to make things up to them? Or fix them? Or am I going to be haunting a lot when I keel over? Unfinished business and all. Which reminds me off a story from a book my brother gave me to read a long time ago… Shottle Bop….  I must look that up again.

Think warm thoughts…. Fire in the fireplace at my Gramps… Cat's Nicholas and Nimbus ( I think ). Family all sitting around… back to it and warm. The crackle and pop of the wood and coal. Hot tea in wonderful cups with deco greens and reds and blue squares…  The blue flares in the dark corners of the fire box and snow hitting the tall windows with a gentle tap tap tap…

Never grow up.. never grow old… stay snuggled by the fire….


Chas... With the cats. Love this picture. Do not look at the wall plug behind the chair.. woooo.


My Mums Parents looking nice and cool.


Ah yes... My Uncles and my Mom. Why didn't I get my Uncles hair.. I want to complain!


My Grandfathers butcher shop before World War 2.


The back of this picture postcard.
Yes.. I scanned both front and back at as high a DPI as I thought would do. You can zoom in on this picture and read the numbers on the meat. Always remember to copy the back of photos if they have writing. This is my Mums writing at three different times. I wonder what the stain is in the middle. The front and back are precious.

I really have to get my Dads side of the family done. I dont remember my Dad's Dad but my Dads Mom was a wonderful woman and I remember her love and forbearance also. I loved her house and the secret hiding place in one of the rooms.

And while curled up sipping tea….

Woohoo.. pretty lights!!!  No battery! Woops.


I'm all for making space but sometimes you have to say … no…. Not that I expect to ever visit it.. but it should be preserved in 3d if possible if they decide to tear it down. Just because!


As much as this is beautiful its also a blooming eye sore. Some peoples ideas of art and architecture leave me scratching my head. Blooming great bunch of glass in the middle of a preserve… sure bud.. real nice…. If it were Mirrored externally so you couldn't see it I think that would be less an impact on the flora and fauna. Ruddy great heap of glass and metal. Fooey!


I could come up with a better design in my half sleep!

And last but not least…

Wallpaper… I make my own… I like my pictures more than others though I will use some that are not my own if I have to. I love making wallpaper for computer screens and phones. Is it time I did that instead of colorization or adapt what I have done for this? Might think about it.


I think I need more tea.