Saturday, December 21, 2013

How many minutes to Christmas?

10.347 winds a blowin....

What  a day this day made ( hah ). Seems shorter for some very weird reason.. Very short. I will have to have a quick thought about it before the sun goes down..

Started early this morning. Out to the store. Stopped by Cost Plus world market.. no good English candy, but lots of great furniture I don't need but want. Outside was a kid about 17 or 18.. looking pretty cold even though he had two coats on... He asked if we had fifty cents for the bus. He got the fifty cents plus a little more. I felt bad for him. I would have given my coat to him but he had two of those. I dunno. I feel for the kid. Its tough on the 16 to 22 year old's because of the limitations put upon lower paying job creators by the draconian health care costs and the increase in minimum wage when everyone should know that a job flipping burgers is mainly there for kids to learn how to work, not support a family. Increase the minimum wage ( use any excuse ) and you lower the amount of jobs available. Why, because the company knows how much you will pay for a burger and also knows how much it will cost for full time workers for health benefits... so less workers working less hours... everything is all screwed up. And there are kids walking the street in the cold. Probably families walking the streets.. this is progress? This is taking care of everyone.. yeah right. There are cold people out there.. do what you can.

Rant off... sorry...

So we did get the grocery shopping done plus picking up some minor things to finish out Christmas. Nothing needed so it will be gift giving. I like that. I do not need anything really. I do like having the family over. Wished we were closer to all the family but we just had a partial family reunion at Fiesta in October so that's all good.

Off on a side track again! Wow! Okay .. so out early... in and out of the store quickly.. back to the house. Cleaned up and put away all the things then decided to start the move of the computer room. It went well. Cannot believe the amount of dust and cables and power strips! Woah! Its all cleaned up and the second side table is removed, the corner is gone. It was dicey getting it out of the house.I had made it so it "just" fit through the doorway. Woooo.... After that it was calculated move of the three bookshelves, then move the computers to them. Vacuuming and wiping everything down done. Its all just waiting for me to get the front spacing boards and brackets. I might get a nice piece of wood for the top so it's one long smooth surface. The room already looks more open and clean, crisp, less cluttered.

Tomorrow I will run out and get the wood and brackets and install that, then run power and cables. If you saw the room it would look very symmetrical to you. I have bad OCD. My OCD has OCD. Its a good thing.

Once I had stopped cleaning and moving my back decided it was time to scream about it.. nice... so I sat down and did some edits.. minor but okay.


Isolators. I have two blue ones on my desk at work.


Cow Catcher. Taken from that. Removed powerlines.


Signals Crossed.


Station Masters lamp.


Bates Motel.


Naaa.. it is just one of my favorite signs.

Thin pickins on the nets today...  Not Slim Pickens.. hes passed I think.

Lets get the bad news out of the way. If you thought your encryption was good... yeah....

http://gizmodo.com/nsa-paid-security-firm-10-million-bribe-to-keep-encryp-1487442397

No new words! No made up words. Changing the spelling or ... oh heck.. just stop the dumb!

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/what-words-were-invented-the-year-you-were-born-1487458173/@caseychan

This is exactly what I mean. I am by nature a terrible speller. I do use spell check and auto check. I know. I know. This is just lazy sad.

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/23-of-the-funniest-and-geekiest-internet-spelling-mistakes-of-2013

What makes you happy? I am positive if I said to some of my friends .. Hows the dating going? THeir wives would hit me. But I do try to be positive even though I would rather just hide in my house, board up the windows and look for revenuers. I like my friends.. a lot.. but I like hiding out too. The insanity! The insanity.

If you move large files.. and, duh, I have forgotten to use it too.. Dropbox is great.

http://lifehacker.com/what-s-the-best-way-to-share-large-files-with-friends-1486810038

Winter Solstice!! Thanks Meg for reminding me. And as Jan said.. who would know with no sunshine today. If I came by could I get a cup of minutes? Just 55 would do. Tomorrow we cut wood! Oh and get some new tires for the Beastly Fan.