Saturday, December 14, 2013

Feed The Birds.

Bingo!

Yeah it was a day.

Starting at 6am this morning, rushing to get dressed in enough layers not to be cold on the field. Running down to Starbucks then onto the Balloon Fiesta Park to meet up with all the pilots and crews. Wow... many many people. What some would call a huge rally... was just the Jingle Bell Rally regular folk. Somewhere near 60 balloons or so. Maybe they came for the chili contest. I took a bunch of photographs but no balloons flew. The contest was hare and hound. This is when a hare balloon lifts off before everyone else can cold inflates and takes a target off, then lands.. puts out the target... and after a bit.. launches again or puts down. All the other balloons.. the hounds, have to get to the target.. Sometimes its easy .. sometimes its impossible because of wind changes. Been there done that... got the rug burns. So... the winds came up and kinds dished in the Hare.. Hares or Rabbits do not like air blown up their skirts.. gets em all fussy. So they put the balloon down. A few shots posted below.. Unretouched... hahahaha...


Teal Gold Toggles!
 I have black and red with Squeeze triggers which I love.


Brrrisk.
 Recovery vehicles arriving on the field.


Bills Tops!
 Bill explains pop a tops to new crew.


The Hots.
 Hot inflation of the hare ( rabbit ). I loved how he stood up. I may have to try it sometime.


Flat Hare.
Top opened and super dish as she comes down. Came down fine.

I have a lot of pictures to process still. I do not know if I can make it out tomorrow as I really need to try and sleep more than I am. We shall see.

After the non flying everyone went back to the golf center building to tailgate in the warm and also try all the chili that was made. I stayed with the homemade oreos myself. They were good also.. Needed milk. Almost heaven.

I had completely forgot that I was supposed to pick up a bed frame by 11.. so I rushed out. got that.. got it home.. pulled it out... found out that it would go to a california king... had to take it back...pay 42 bucks more then get back home and reinstall it and and and... yeesh!  I have a pizza in the oven because I have not eaten anything but the oreos all day.. not good...

I will find some cool links for you in a bit.

Later....

Since Mary Poppins movie behind the scenes garbage with hanks and such is coming out.. a little nod.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/briangalindo/21-fascinating-things-you-might-not-know-about-mary-poppins

Loved the movie. Understand that the movie studios kill good books.. ugh!

Woah.. nice camo.. changes colors with the temp.. not bad.

http://gizmodo.com/magic-color-changing-camo-blends-in-no-matter-the-seaso-1483447125

Back up batteries are a good thing to have for any and all devices you own. This is nice as well as the lipstick version which I like better..because it is easier to put away than a flat plate block.

http://gizmodo.com/a-crazy-thin-backup-battery-you-can-probably-also-use-a-1482751110

And......... another link that says we are all Doomed..DOOOOomed... ( Invader Zim ) please... that is if we are not just a 2 dim display holograph.. maybe someone turned the 3d tele off.........

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/physicists-claim-that-universe-could-already-be-collapsing

Guess I don't have to lose that 10 pounds.... okay 20..