Sunday, March 8, 2015

Productive if not Painful

Hell of a day. Coughed so hard so long that my arms from chest to fingertips blazed with pain. Never had that happen before. I want to go to work tomorrow because I have "things to do" but if I feel this badly in the morning ..ugh.

Im just letting you know what is going on when I am working on stuff. Not whining. Okay... small whining but on the point of necessary to further the blog information. Make of that what you will.


Golden sunsets out in the desert where there is little to get in the way are awesome to see. Its big sky country here too. Changeable as all get out. Been a while since I have been able to get out and about and take pictures of it all. Sadly whenever I do its over bright, bleak, no clouds in sight burn your eye balls out and run to find some shade unless you like that parboiled feeling. Soon. soon.. Weathers gonna change soon....

I had to ideas in the back of my head for almost a week now. One I had the start of for another project yet to finish so it would be an adaptation of it and the other was a simple little dual program effect for the fun of it... to see how it would come out. I also played with a flower picture. I tested some Bohek treatments and worked within photoshop to see how I could work within the program. Lots to learn yet. So below you will see what I was playing with and I will say a few things along the way.

Bohek treatment inside of Photoshop. Very versatile selection but I don't know if it was worth it with this shot.

Back to normal and split, which I think gives it more depth just because instead of the shift focus.


I saw this and thought it was needing an adaptation to ballooning.... why? Because everything needs balloons... everything!


I came up with this.. It could be a mono-color stamp you could stamp T-shirts with it on the go.. Hahaha.. "There, you are now part of the crew!" Yes I know the balloon would have to be mono-color too. See the balloon... watch what comes next.


Now I spent hours and hours line tracing my balloon. Long hours, eyesight going, index finger twitching but I did get it done. The next thought I had was to deconstruct the design I had come up with. I had selected these colors because my previous balloon had these colors and my balloon before that had these colors ( yes and more ( but those were Bob's colors )). Figuring out the pattern was an epiphany right at the end.

So I took it apart and then worked more hours to color and process each color independently and then bring it back together. Below is the final product. Its huge. The file is huge. You cant see it here... but it can be printed at about 6 foot wide without "pixelating" at all.



Its my background on my computer right now. I now have the ability to breakdown and recreate a balloon by color. I would like to get it ray traced which would take all the deep pixels out but hay.. another day.

The black border just makes it pop more. All done on a chimpy windows surface pro and external screen. I will be printing this as soon as I can find someone who can so I can put it on a wall.

I can do this with balloons that have more than three colors but it would take more time. More expense too as I cant see doing this for free since it is so time invasive. We shall see...............

My facebook banner and logo for the day are....


Sunport entry sign twitched in Gimp.


My 443 tail number ( minus the first and last letters ) and cartoonized. It was fun.


A few net things

How bad and expensive are those K cup coffee things.. I was going to buy one.. but now.. uh.. no.

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2015/03/the-abominable-k-cup-coffee-pod-environment-problem/386501/

Time to stop the daylight time saving time time thing.... ugh

http://io9.com/in-1923-daylight-savings-time-was-actually-illegal-in-1690073335

Next is something that is so funny but terribly depressing.. these people vote.... very sad...... Okay some of them can be found at voting stations... once they are bused there..... pathetic...

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/27-people-who-should-spend-more-time-hitting-the-books-than-on-social-media

Last, a funny from the internet.... The rules for the Coyote and Roadrunner cartoons...

Never knew.




ACME!!!