Thursday, March 12, 2015

Do a little dance

OKay.. coughing, hacking, sneezing and running around looking for tissues, but still very happy.


Ive been going to work, trying not to sneeze or cough on anyone.... get stuff done, redo that stuff again hoping that it will stay done, watching and assisting in modifications of equipment, and running in circles between situations and troubles... The gamut went from an air vent in the bathroom to loss of our net link for 30 minutes. Oh and all that with a news crew interviewing in the background. Now that I am home I feel much much worse.

But! But I stopped by the Aerco Balloon Repair Offices to get some paperwork corrected and they were way ahead of me and I had a fantastic time just being there. Good conversation, loads of help... and I went away smiling.... then coughing, hacking, sneezing... I did NOT cough or hack on anyone there. They are safe!

There is a balloon rally in Belen ( about 15 miles south of Albuquerque or so this weekend.. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. They are launching from all over the city. Its going to be rather a do. I was asked if I was going to be flying but as bad as I am health wise it would be dangerous for me to try. I don't even know if I can make the wedding I am supposed to take pictures at on Saturday. I feel that bad. Thank goodness they have a backup.

Back to the rally.. or balloons... If you havent been around balloons there are a few interesting things about them.. one.. is their color... which is pretty amazing..... then there is the size... but after that you look at that flame! These burners that allow balloons to get in the air are very very powerful... Their flames are a pyromaniacs dream. Look at these shots below.. Once you see em you tend to point and shoot the flames like almost every time.

Like clouds you can see things in the flame....


Depth of blue in the early morning.


Full boom in the sky. Neat.

The blue you see is the main burner flame. Its compressed propane that runs through the coils before hitting the blast valve. The yellow is what normally you see on a whisper burner or a flared burn. You need to get closer and or come out and get right up there. Just the picture does not do justice to the whole darn thing.

A funny I found on the net which fits in on how I feel....... besides the cough, sneezing, aches and pain.



And my banner and logo for facebook tonight... A little omage to Aerco in the logo.


A back alley graffiti piece.. done pretty well.


First Aid!


I wonder how long I am supposed to feel this bad before going back to the doctors..... hmmm..

Off I go to find more goofy things that look good to an addled mind. Bye Bye!