Thursday, March 19, 2015

Oddness in Albuquerque

I knew we had funky drizzly rain all night but I didn't expect that when I stepped out of the garage this morning that I would be in London.. fog city man! Wow... I mean we do at times have fog on the river but this was so thick that I couldn't see down the road.. and once on the road heading East you could not see the city on the other side. You could not see any lights at all... hugely weird.. No mountains.. no nothing.. so very strange.



Same picture same shot same total weirdness once I got to work. I grabbed the camera after I had gotten to the parking lot. I really wanted to stop every few feet on the way in to take pictures but as I would have been run over and also would never have made it to work it was better that I didn't. Too bad this stuff doesn't happen on the weekends... then I could miss it because I didn't get out of bed.. which sounds so much nicer.   Below are the shots I got..hand held... no tripod available... I was hoping for better but oh well.. Fun with the editing too..


Trees on fire.


The UFOs have arrived.


EndWall.


NWS ABQ Boooo.


SideWallSandias.


We have Breakup.


TamDew.

The atmosphere was so full of moisture... excellent for specific shots. I have my fingers crossed that this weekend might have the same situation happen.. I will try not to stay in bed.

My banner for facebook today.. day 197 is the Anderson Abuzzo Balloon Museum overlooking the South end of Fiesta Park. The tents for all the fantastic sponsors and so much color ready to pop.


Logo is a very nice blast flame.

With another weird thing in it.

So that was my day.. Oh.. yeah.. the work thing. after being outside for five minutes taking those shots I came in to lots of wall movin goin on. The guys were hard at work upgrading their walls to enjoy the benefits of 84 inches and more shelf space. Lots of sore backs later we had finished.. Tony and Mike and I got everything old out of the main office and into the storage building. Now to find a non profit to take everything that's out there. The do NOT want it returned to HQ. their old is our new. its nicer and softer on our eyes than the old dark blue. After that it was lose my brain over a missing piece of equipment that should have been there but at one time we had been told to dispose of it...incorrectly. Thank goodness I had marked it to dispose on next trip to recycle and that I had yet to get it there. It was tucked away and now its sitting beside my desk until we put it where its supposed to be. Whew!

After sweating up a storm moving walls and crap.. trashing my nice new brown shoes... and then freezing because the thermostat isn't working  right yet in the office and a pile of paperwork to do after all that.... it was a good day. Because I was busy the whole day. Because something was accomplished. Because I can see the end of the pile of old broken equipment will soon be gone. YAY!

Now to rest.. get some medications for my back.... and surf the nets for cool stuff... Oh.. I did find some stuff... wow.. forgot.. here.... look...

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/10-strange-and-funny-examples-of-movie-logic-gone-wrong

yeah.. saw those...

and...

http://www.ohgizmo.com/2015/03/18/tv-these-days/

and also... sad...

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/27-strange-people-who-might-not-understand-how-the-world-works


Gone...