Saturday, March 14, 2015

Its the timing

For a Saturday house bound it wasn't too bad. Its gone quietly if not without irritation at heavy handed and disconnected rude people. I could go on but I would have to pull out the soapbox and you know where that will go.


Some entities need to be horse whipped.. or maybe tarred and feathered.... That your helpless is the sad thing.

Nevermind.

I was sitting thinking about things.... you know ..things... after last nights blog and doing research into "smart" watches.. I kept thinking on what it was that bugged me. Mainly the bulk, the over priced units that you know don't cost that much to make.... especially using next to indentured labor in China. I ran across the Samsung fit.. its a band type smart watch but with little bulk and simple design. Too bad its buggy as hell. Where I am going with this... If you buy a device.. any device for an inflated price because its "in" ..... Hope it makes you happy for that three years.. but remember.. the cycle for all cool overpriced digital devices is 6 months.....

Now.. I have a thing for time pieces... If I didn't I wouldn't have a nice Westminster chime mantle clock on my book shelf..... quality.... function. I love pocket watches but have never found the desire to buy one for myself. For a present for my Dad.. sure... He likes it... I cant justify buying a very expensive pocket watch just to own it. I will marvel at the beauty of the art and craft that went into it from afar.

I used to wear a Suunto watch... like this...

It was excellent because it had a baro and compass so I could use it for a quick look while flying.. I am pretty reckless with my wrists so it took a beating. When it started acting up I emailed the company and they had me send it in for repair.... what I got back... was a brand new unit.. it had a black bezel and band instead of the yellow but it still works. I don't wear it anymore. It became more trouble to take it off when working on electronics and... and I just didn't need it with my cell phone.

I would love one of these but at 300 thou I laugh.. hahahahaha...


What I think looks excellent is....



What I would love to see is an adaptation of both.. on one side a nice analogue display and on the other a digital or screen display. Or a mix of both since now its possible to dump so many pixels into a inch you can simulate a nice classic pocket watch screen on it.... The moto should have been adapted to this... Or a case could be made to put it inside.

On the end of it.. I love the smooth shape and defined feel of a pocket watch. I love the cover clam-shell that opens springing to show both front and back... I love the chain that you could clip on and pop it into a pocket and not worry about it getting left of a table.

How bout a design like that... A pocket watch version of a "smart" watch.... work with me here.

Think of the accessories.. colors, designs shape of the pocket watch shell, chain types, colors... mods to these could bring bunches of moola... and you could even set it up with a spare battery in the case or all sorts of stuff. Maybe someone could 3D print one.

Maybe I need to spend some time designing a nice case.. I did it a ways back but perhaps I need to refine it. Hmmm..... do I have time for this test.....

While sitting hermit style in my deep and somewhat comfy zombie chair Izzy was posing in the front window. Okay.. she was looking at something to bark at. I just watched for for a bit but then got out the camera to see if she would give me one of her pretty faces.... hah.... took ages...


Standard shot... no flash... slight adjust to curve and hue.


Flash shot edited slightly.


Standard shot tone mapped default.

Shes such a cute dog. until she sits on your legs, breaths on you or hogs the bed.... Then shes a stinker!

Other than that it looks like they had a great day down in Belen NM at the St. Pattys Rallye. Lots of special shapes and some good flying it seems. One more day to go. Depending on how my night goes I might try to get down.. but so far its been sucky.

A small but funny adjustment to my facebook banner and logo..... Its always fun to do these tiny mods..

color change.. had to edit around the shamrock and then repair like crazy.

 See the differences?

And .. wow I feel great....... not.


Have a blessed day.