Saturday, March 21, 2015

BLUE FLAME 443

If it was not for propane the ballooning situation would be somewhat different. If it was not for pressurized propane it would be real different. Nothing... but I am trying to remind myself I have three tanks that need to be filled. Hah! Really I was wondering what to do about all that. Propane. Research turns up the weirdest things. Not connected to it but by the thinnest reeds. Too much to learn, too much.


Got out today and went in search of a nice place to take pictures of the Sandias with a hat of clouds atop. Closest to center view was off Pdel.. or to you and me Paseo Del Norte just before you drop into the valley. Lots of buildup on the edges but unless you get up in the air you cant get a clear shot. The problem with being up in the air is the platform isn't too rigid. Hard to take a pano of the mountains when your rocking back and forth in a basket. I will try this next time I fly if I have time to set it up.

I did get a nice distant using the tripod. sadly the light was iffy and even with the tripod the atmosphere between me and the mountain was roiling. Still a huge 20,000 mpx shot. Too huge to see it all here but maybe I will upload it to my photo web site later.



There was a roadrunner watching me take pictures. He/She ( who can tell from that distance ) ( no I was not friendly enough to know ) sat on the top edge of a trash hiding wall and watched. When I tried to get closer it bounded away. Not scared as much as irritated that I had dared to approach its nice warm perch.


Look at that crest. It might also have been a CAP plane that was doing loops over us that made it run off also.. I dunno.



There were more good pictures of the city spread out and I used one for my facebook banner today. It is a direct West East shot of the balloon museum... well you can see the roof... nice and coppery. Ill post it below.

I was looking at some pictures from back in 2000 when cameras didn't have the ability to take great digital pics. Ok.. anything I could afford. I ran them through an enlarger and one turned out very nice and is now large enough to go 2 foot by 3 foot on the wall.


Its quite nicely painted looking from up close. Very stylish. I may have to print this just because.


Higher sampled shots from 2000 too. Each are neat for their location and position.


Fiesta field before it became a park..... No museum, no Gardunuo's on the green, barely any grass or roads.

See I did get out today.. I did take pictures and I did do something with them. I am hoping I can drag out of bed tomorrow and go help a friend and get some more pictures as well as enjoy the morning instead of just laying there. Granted last night it was two dogs in bed instead of one and that one extra was such a pain in the butt. Not again. Crated and out the door if it barks its head off again. I am not babysitting again. Ridiculous! I am exhausted enough that I fell asleep in my chair this afternoon.

I did do some research on laptops and the new surface tablet. No laptop looks worth the money and the surface looks like an iffy deal too unless you really need a new system. What I am interested in right now is Windows 10 which they say they are going to give away for free..even to pirated systems. I can understand the idea behind it. Give the "car" away for free and hit them for the accessories. Its workable. Plus they can get all those people using windows...trackable windows. Tell me they wont send an identifier to Microsoft for every system activation. .. right. Whatever.

Facebook banner for the day.. and logo....






I had a thought while stuck in line at Walmart waiting on a cashier and manager to figure out that they had two bad gift cards as they kept swiping and swiping them without avail. At last after the tenth time and 15 minutes of feeling my leg go painfully numb as my sciatic nerve said hi, the manager got a new card.. wow.. it worked! Oh.. that thought was... What if.... what if those delays were to save you from something happening to you... what if those delays are to clear your path.... I have no clue.. I was thinking through my pain at the time.... and there was an awful road closing wreck on Coors on the way home.... its just a thought.