Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Road Wise.

Shop Worn. Strange sayings.

I expect every language or people have odd saying that are completely lost on the modern age. Good thing books still sometime have the meanings or histories that point the way. Very interesting.

Storms overhead right now. I thought we were through with the rain. If this keeps up we will be under feet of snow soon!


The internet is still murky with loony stuff. I opened about nine tabs for interesting ( at first glance ) stories only for the most part to find they were very fluffy bat crap crazy eco zombie ramblings... One about stuff exposed by the receding waters or ice shelf's was spun into a stupid global warming tirade... I love how some "humans" think that they can tell the galactic weather from less than fifty years of very iffy weather data... Please save me from the self centered.

Others, like how to remove programs from windows 10 were funny in their basic info that anyone really should know if you have turned on a computer. Okay.. some people might need help with it.

The best was on creating a bootable usb for windows 10.. That one I saved for the heck of it. I dunno but I think creating tabs for things that might be interesting is a good way to get through the major garbage and on to the possible interesting things...sadly I mostly end up with only one or two stories that are worth reading.. All good.

How is that for positive. More positive... Going through the shots from last year and in directly last years Fiesta shots I never processed has brought up some very nice ones that people are happy to view. I will try and do some more and get them out where people can see them.

Below are a few shots of a fun flight with Eric. We stopped and then skipped across a road and just had to take pictures before quickly popping back up in the sky to find a safer place to land... It was a hoot. I also used the 10.5 fisheye lens. I think this lens has yet to go down in price. It is always about where or slightly higher in cost then when I bought it. Its only rarely used but  when you can ... you can have a load of fun with it.

Enchanted Diamonds Belowwwwwww......


Overhead Highlights.


A few Vent Lines dangling.


Sweeping skies.

In shot one... there is very little the fisheye will miss... so if you don't want a portion of something in your shot... you had better get it far behind the lens.

Shot two... There is never a time I wont find that a pretty view. That you can catch it all and then some is wonderful. Can you see my baffle? Its nice and yellow too.... It just... baffles people... whistling.

Shot three.... Vent lines.. Black... Counter Clockwise rotation vent... Widdershins.... Red and white candy stripe.. crown vent.... Green.. Clockwise or Diesel rotation vent.... Having them in the shot and not out is a different thing. Framing the Sandia's.  Normally you are trying to remove all but the view.. but its a neat perspective. I normally have them strapped up so they don't get caught on anything but they got loose.

Shot four... just how sweet that spot is on the lens... You can almost make the horizon flat but this is right on the fun house edge.

Looking at these again I get a kick out of the way Lindstrand followed my every ( possibly insane ) request. ..even down to what square of color of the pattern would be centered over my head... First yellow of the step.... and how the throat nomex is color coordinated to the whole envelope instead of a single color. You rarely see a pattern go through the whole balloon throat to crown. Yellow is tough.. but it had to be.. or I would have had to start completely over with my design.... Four yellow... red blue red blue... four yellow... red blue red blue..four yellow.. red blue red blue.. return... It was worth the headache to figure it out.. even the red blue are set for a reason. I like stories.

Oh well.. facebook banner and logo are plays off this set of shots.

Sidling along.. really across.... but hay... Its a cool quick shot.


Get Adjusted!!!


And off I go to check the trailer out due to the rain... Cant be too sure and I have learned the hard way to make sure of things myself so that I can let my worried brain rest easier.

Back and wetter than normal without the requisite shower... but.. all is dry and tucked up tight. I wonder if its going to stay cool tomorrow so I can put some lights on the trailer and get some other things taken care of without having heat stroke.... I wonder...

Off to think of more goofy things....