Thursday, August 20, 2015

A couple weeks vacation

Its a tough day when you have to run around in circles because of one thing and you cant get the assist you need right away due to time and distance. Could things have gone different.. yes if my access wasn't screwed up it might have gone a little quicker but in the end the problem was one of no control and forgetfulness. Not my problem but my problem.

More writing down of important information and filing it where it an be found. Its going to be an extra step in the daily process but its gotta be done. Too much to continue to scribble down and then lose.


I love my job but I need more information and more robust file system. It really comes down to good habits.. or better habits. That and being a nag. My attitude has dropped and I am fussy. I am never a good person to be around when I get all fussy.

I am also going to have to go visit the base tomorrow and get a card fixed. That should make for a fun morning.  Oh.. well after an other meeting.

I was drawn around by the burners I own this late afternoon/evening... As you can see in the above picture they are so classic. Okay you can only see a portion of them.. But their characteristics are very singular. I even did a logo based on them.. what a way to not create the logo for the trailer still... Not sure what the hell is up there....

Ah well here are some shots I don't think I have shown that I like.... All from day 3 of Fiesta.

Every morning of Fiesta there is a Pilots brief. There is also a big white ball thing.. No not the guy wearing the coat... that other big white head.. ball thing... LOL. just kidding... That big pibal that lets us Pilots see what the winds are doing as it ascends. Granted by the time the sun comes up and also by the time we can get off the ground the winds usually change around a bit.. hahahaha

Fake shot... Well it looks that way but its really my black turning vent line just beside my crown line.. Looks very fake though. Just up off the field and heading for the whale.. Capt. Ahab!


Looking back to see Enchanted Diamonds lifting off and bouncing off Black Magic Woman... Someone needs to watch their hands! Diamonds looks so small compared but she is bigger than my balloon.


Another surrealistic shot. Depth is interesting because of the dust clouds down there. That is the park/field off Osuna that the city has nicely set up just for us who need a good place to plop down South of the Fiesta field. Problem with it is that that cement arroyo to the left likes to act like a barrier. If you are left of it its hard to cross and if you are right it loves to suck you in,.... been there done it many times.... Also need to say that this time.. I was crossing over it and made the fields lower left corner of grass with little trouble..


Looking back again to see the dino is breaking out and heading our way after escaping the Balloon Museum.. or so it looks here. Funny balloon.


Crew forced to pose for pictures with Smokey Bear. Well I do buy them all coffee once a Fiesta... Its a good day to be crew that day I tell you.... Coffee.. snacks if you want and all you ahve to do is come crew.... yep... Its mainly me wanting coffee and a snack...


With 43 days to go and so much I want to do before.. well.... I feel much more capable of getting things done but less in control of the whole thing. I don't know! The plan for the next 43 days is .. Get the balloon system annual-ed ( yearly flight inspection ) .. go fly and shake her out after that inspection... take the next weekend off to prep... fly the weekend after that from Fiesta field with the other AAAA folks... Prep everything again for Fiesta... then rest a week then get going... its gonna be fun I hope.. or I hope its as much fun as last year was.

The floor I put in seems to be very nice.. I have lights to fix.. a front yard to burn to the ground and some drawings to force myself to do...

Sigh

Facebook banner and logo for the day.....


Logo I made when I should ahve been working on the other.....Jetstream II baby! 30,000,000 BTU's