Saturday, August 8, 2015

Highper Activity.

I had every intention to go fly this morning. Loaded everything up and that's quite a lot of stuff. Drove to get coffee and even bought decaf so that tells you right there that I was committed to flying and not caffeinated. Too bad the winds were of the gust version and poopy. Every time you thought it would be a go time it went no go. I even labeled the photo file no go. On the flip side of that is that there were people more interested in getting in the air then worrying about burning something of banging something or ripping something.. and really it was a doable day if you wanted to do all that work for a short flight. Believe me a lot of people got up, had a fun little flight and landed just fine. That wouldn't have been me but there ya go.

The moon was quite large today.

I took 726 shots. I was in and around so much activity and a massive amount of very animated and entertaining people. It was darn near easy to find and frame a good shot or balloons and people. This time I did get a lot of people shots because they were so very interesting... Laughter, struggle, movement, determination, enjoyment. I edited about 130 to being up the light levels because I was shooting into the sun most of the time. Tweaked a bit of hue too where it was needed. I loaded about 35 to facebook. Back to front so that I could keep track of which ones I had sent up. More to do probably tomorrow as I don't want to desensitize people into boredom.

So below are some shots I didn't post to facebook yet that I really liked for reasons.. I will post those with the shot. I really hate sticking a lens in peoples faces but if I can catch a long range shot and its not rude, derogatory or unflattering I will use it or keep it.

A Cameron Viva ascending so fast that the top is being pushed down and flattening out the upper sections. There were some very special shapes out today.

Sun over the shoulder is supposed to be a good sign. It was for Bob. He had a very nice flight today. he also went up fast but he is very adept at flying his balloon and he was night and tight when he went up. I took shots. No distention of special shape. Impressive. I never use a lens cover to remove sun flares.. I like them.

Another impressive launch by Ian. He pretty much had to kick it in the butt to clear the nasty gusts that were arriving. Up and out. He even got somewhere close to the target which was pretty impossible from the field.

A question of fanning. Oh that conversation here must have been interesting. It seems to be pretty good. Body language says things that it never means to. I believe this language is pretty funny and not as it looks. Never happen with these two. If still funny to me.

I tone mapped this one since it was almost totally black. Another fast launch into scattery winds. With all the strange eddy currents and a bag of hot air... well things just look a little weird. Envelopes can do a lot of fun things with shapes.

One of my favorite shots today. I am captivated by the frozen dust being kicked up as Bill walks. Its forever stopped in activity. it gets to me. There were quite a few shots that were just amazing once I could see what I had framed. For every shot thought here are probably two more similar but not just right.
 I seemed to have trained myself to hot two shots in a row and three if something is just happening at a fast pace. I have yet to be disappointed that the second shot or center shot is the best shot. go with your instincts I say.

I have so many more to share and show but that will have to wait till tomorrow. I will and I really intest to post every good shot to my web site. i need to do this as a marker to myself so that then I can go back and fill in everything I have not uploaded. Then go through the un pigeon hole shots and get them into some sort of category. Things to do.

I have to get the new side lights on my trailer. That and re-position on flag holder. Maybe tomorrow early if I don't get up to go ballooning again I can do that. I cant make a decision. Over heard today was an invitation to a party that was replied as... Maybe... Mainly because of having to check with other people but I also felt or feel the same way... I can never commit right there.. I have to consider so much... Mostly that I really want to go but that its gonna screw something up if I do.. better to say maybe..and then be happy if I can make it than say yes.. then not be able to go... Ya know...

Much to do... Or as Zim says it.. MANY THINGS!

Facebook banner and logo from a favorite place for breakfast burritos... and please.. find the number...

 The right number.


Not just any number.