Friday, August 21, 2015

Looking Ahead Not Behind

I really need to adopt that stance. Everything that has passed is passed and not dwell on the crap that was shoveled all over my desk. Swiping it to the side on Monday and starting a good fresh week.

A frustrating week to say the least. Two good things.. One was a mod that went okay if not quite perfect, and a Friday afternoon call that makes Tuesday something to look forward to.

 Oh.and I am out of little yellow lined note pads... Very crabby due to that.


Tomorrow is Saturday! Yay! Going to be up already so I probably will go out and take pictures of my friends flying. After Eric's awesome shots the week before I will have to get the game on and find some fun stuff to do too.

I have spent some time on the below edits. The idea came from a Back To The Future poster about Flux Capacitors. Well hot air balloons don't have flux capacitors but they do have freaken awesome powerful burners... so I went with that... edited a nice down shot line art of the basket and burner set in the middle with all the outstanding pieces of the burners that I love.. toggles and switches but made it all just blend into a basic design... Then I added that into the poster styles then went farther and started playing with sets then sets of five then additional posters... plus all the recoloring because I did it all on black and white and wow did I not think about the sizes I had created in!!! Whew! When I started setting the five poster shots together it crashed the program. The file was going upwards of 2 gig.

Soooooooo.. I scaled it all back... and it was still pretty big.. I wanted the detail to no go all ugly on me. I wanted to have something that was large enough to print at size or make a shirt out of or what ever.. It was an exercise and I really liked how it came out...

First the mains then the full set...

Base burner with basket frame design...

Poster set then finding a font that suited and some retro line art made by over lapping two sized line thicknesses.

Main point since it was the burner set I was initially doing... was the Lindstrand Jetstream Series II burners I have. Little balloon at 69,000 and burners for a 105 to 240,000 balloon.. Yeah.. kick your butt across the sky. I added the Patturns Of Highperactivity because that is what amount to my balloon and myself... or as my mother thinks of it hahahaha.... Then added funny messages on the bottom...


Or Really funny...


I had to make this into a wallpaper that would fit my cell phone but again.. just had to change the message at the bottom...

Then I did all five of what I had in mind in the beginning... Talk about a bugger of a time with the coloring.. the lining up .. the adjusting of the fonts .. which by  the way are not standard sized and widths but modified by me to do what I wanted it to do and look how I wanted it to look... This thing was 25,000 pix across in the beginning... very detailed and crisp. Computer choked.


So now that I have the plate set up I can go back and change any part of the wording or the design to fit whatever I want. So many ideas there but its good where it is now. I plan.. I really hope to do the work I am supposed to be doing on the trailer logo....

Like I am supposed to......

Yeah....

Facebook banner and logo for the day....

Tough to hide numbers in such an open picture....



Logo.. though my ankle biters are knee biters...