Sunday, August 30, 2015

Border land.

Down to one border again! Hahahaha... Daughter has moved out to her own place again. She is very happy to be where she makes the rules and does the dishes and cooks as she pleases.. I understand completely. You go girl! LOL. Well her and her little dog Ivy.... cackle cackle....


Some things got accomplished today but they weren't the things that needed to be done... Or... they were not on the imaginary list... well it was an imaginary list.. now its real.. now it has 51 things and now I really wish I hadn't made it. One thing at a time and like two things a day if I want it done by Fiesta.... Uh Oh!

I did spend some time going through Andy and my shots from the same day of last fiesta. One very cool edit and some odd differences in our cameras or their settings. Due to the over cast skies of that day last year it was either over blow things or underexpose things. I went under and Andy went over.

You can tell. Neither is a good thing but I wished there was a way other than trying for bracket shots while moving... which is very hard to do..... I dunno.. take what you get and try to get close... I used both photomatix and gimp to try and restore blown or dark sections and it kinda worked... kinda.

Adjusted with a touch to the color depth. See how overcast it was.

At points the wispys were blocking and reflecting everywhere giving you very washed out shots.

Then there was the haze which made it all the worse.


No sky at all if you wanted any color in the shadows.

This with the sun behind and out of the clouds.... Love all the power lines....NOT


The next are Andy shots. A slight maneuver on this one and a hit to the blue.

The river as it looks normally.. not green or yellow.

This shot I really liked. Andy did a great job of framing but the haze cause the black balloon to be a fuzzy white... So I took it and went up a step and then down two steps and mooshed it all together to get this...

The shot as taken

Up a step

Down two.


If it had been a less cloudy hazy day this would have been perfect the way it was shot.... But it was fun to work on it to see what would happen.

Must go work on that list so here is my banner and logo for the day...



Runnin outta time!