Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Daze 52

Day 52. Just let that sink in. Day 52. 22 days shy of 30 days to go. What has to be done? What can't be done? Yeah... Same here.

I wanted new stronger springs on my truck in the back but that seems to not be possible unless I want to be screwed for twice the cost on parts and general labor. Thanks Local truck mod shop. I will never ever take or send anyone your way and I surely will advise anyone to avoid you and your high theft practice.



What else went missing... Pins... I was going to do new pins but after creating three different designs I can't say I need them yet. I still have a huge bag of pins so that is a justification thing. I can't justify spending the money yet.  I do still have to come up with the logo for the side of the trailer and yes I still have time to do that... It's just sitting down and without distraction doing the design. So far I have not had the time free of bother.  Since I am self taught on a bunch of drawing and editing programs but do not have the ability in any I have to plod through things. That is what a formal education does for you. makes things easier in the future. Yes I have to find time to get that training but I have other training that takes precedence over this. So plod I will.

Looking backwards as far as I can do with my digital files ( which is year 2000 ) things have changed a lot in 15 years. Also stayed the same. When you think of Fiesta we went from half grass and dirt everywhere else to full grass and tarmac... Cement position markers to lighted pylons. No balloon Museum to a massive and artistic capsule of everything ballooning. 

Below are shots I took on what must have been a 1 or 2 meg pixel camera. The days were dark in 2000 and the cloud cover was low. It all seemed darker.

Standing on the side of the old white truck. 2nd Kisses basket set up behind. Dirt and dirt and white cement tire markers. They were great to trip over. They also still exist on field but are used now for poles to be attached to and some decorations around the North West side of the field.


Arc De Ballon! Right time right place... crappy camera. I caught almost the same in Gallup at the Red Rock Rally in December. Same crappy camera. I expect in five years I will be looking back at the 24 meg pixel shots of today and say.. what a crappy camera.. no 3D! Where is the surround sound? Heh.


Mass Confusion up and off. This was Bobs Second balloon and his first Cameron. The basket is still going strong. It has had to have a lot of wicker replaced but its not shirking any duties. I think the upper fabric has been replaced a lot too. Good thing about baskets is that they will last a lifetime with some care.


2nd Kiss hot inflating. This was a pretty balloon .. a Cameron Viva.. too bad the person who owned it before treated it so terribly. The fabric was not kept dry nor stored well so it failed quickly. Loved the silver bands.


The children have grown too... Like the damn weeds in my front and back yard! They have to really stop. More kids too too! Hoping they will be able to make it down for a few days at the end of Fiesta this year. None of them have flown in the new balloon and it would be fun to fly my little sister. I have flow both my older brother and sister many times. Maybe get a splash and dash in.


Fiesta field 2000 from the South end... Look at that space and the people... all the RVs parked ( there are so many RVs that come and stay. There is one person at Fiesta offices that handles these...Its a full time year round job. You can get hook ups or none stay on the sides of the field or be in the old Fiesta field me.. its just South of the new field ( that is fun because a lot of balloons take off from the new field and land right on the old field right next to the RV peoples ) and it has an open area that is surrounded with vehicles that makes a great landing spot.. I usually land in the parking lot... Its me.. its how I am..


Here is a video showing that kind of landing at the old Fiesta field.. heh..


And now.. the 2014 Fiesta field shot from "almost" the same place in the sky.. Look how much it has changed. Woah! no dirt.. just very wet grass... massive amounts of space for the millions that show up every year to enjoy it... And yes... unlike most every rally around the world.... You CAN and SHOULD go out onto the field and get up close and personal with the balloons, Crews and Pilots. We just love it.


More to come.


Facebook banner and logo for the day...


Kiss A Hoy in all her awesomeness... and she will fly again.. soon....

Ta daaa......