Saturday, August 15, 2015

Actually a Saturday

Funny title. But correct. It was actually a pretty weird Saturday.;.. Oh its still ongoing but so far.. boy oh boy.

From the early morning aches and pains that come with standard living under one G. Too bad, again, there was absolutely no partying to go before the feeling. I wonder if that shouldn't be modified if I am going to feel so bad why not give it a reason. Then I fall asleep.


It was a screwy day. Started with coffee and since I hurt too much sat and played some fallout 3. I am or was stuck in the big MT. Running around trying not to get blasted and having to listen to a stupid stealth suit complain just to find my brain and get stuck being unable to talk my way out of the final show and having to blast away the brains in their bubbles. No options were available to get out of it.. They just attack. No biggie but I was trying to get around popping anyone. Now that's all done and I can go back to the wasteland with my haul of junk but some good weapons. I can put that on the back burner for a while now. There is some very good art and deco stuff in the game. There was a clock I really liked.. I have something else I want to recreate.. not that balloon trailer logo which .. it really does not want to be done.. really.

Bah!

Here are a few shots of Kiss A Hoy from 2004. Because .. well because my only trip out of the house today and I wanted to ram the insufferable idiots off the road again. 45mph road.. double lanes.. two wacks driving at less than the speed limit matching each others speed so everyone stacks up behind these nits. Do they care.. nope... this happened three ties of Golf Course Road. Done with them.. Done with their self centered nose pickin ways..

Its more fun to reedit these to bring them out of the dark that they were. All of the below shots were crap due to low light and crap cameras. Editing software I have is very good at pulling things back to visible and clear.

Kiss A Hoy hot inflate. The difference in inflating her and Highperactive are many.. but nothing a normal Pilot cant catch hold of right away. Two things right away... Just so you know. KAH has to ahve a lift to hold the burners up off the ground or they point at the ground when laying down which means you will burn the skirt in a second. PH sits perfectly centered with the burners in a neutral position. No lifting or anything. Not a problem with either system but nuances. The other is that KAH when full of cold air always came up a bit floppy where PH can become too tight and lift the throat off the ground if too much pull is being applied to the crown line. The crown line needs to be i control but never tight.


Kiss A Hoy, Zephyrus Kiss and Takach A Breeze in a cow and horse field. Yes.. poopy everywhere. Damn fun day though. That's an Aerostar, Fantasy, Cameron systems out in a field.

KAH touches down at an arch near Tome Hill in Los Lunas. I think it was just a quick stop just for fun because I remember going up to and around the edge of the hill after to stop on the road beside it.. to the right of the picture. Glad this was repairable as it was a good spot to touch down for pics.


KAH in 2004 with my son and sister in law. I am trying to remember .. yes.. I now have full memory retrieval of this flight. Whew. Took off.. headed South at altitude.. skuddered West but not far enough to get anywhere fun.. descended into a short field, sliding by another balloon that was laying down.. Crew there to keep us from wandering into the local trees... Fun but a basic run from the Fiesta field.

Yeah.. fantastic job of the editing software to take those bad shots and do good. Better than me going on about the local idiots on the roads. Notice no foot step on this side of the basket. Normal in most baskets. Lindstrand you get one on each side.

Some thoughts on that. I was taught to allow passengers in on the far side of the basket.... That is between the basket and what ever vehicle you are tied off to. This means that I would have to move to the side. Now I usually have people come in from the front or away. I think the idea is if they get in on the back side there isn't a chance of the basket running them over if the winds pick up and drag you forward against the tether. My thought is if the wind is strong enough to drag you and cause the possibility you should probably put the balloon down. I have to think on it more.

Tomorrow we go out to try and fly again. We are supposed to fly a wedding party. We shall see how that goes. I can only carry one at a time or an adult and a child. So I am hoping its calm enough to do some hops. I may try to have people get in on the backside maybe. See how that works.

My facebook banner and logo today. I had different ideas but time ran out....

KAH PITS PH

Hold that switch!


Off I go to not work on the logo for the trailer... nor anything productive... ugh!