Sunday, August 2, 2015

A Hard Days Morning!

Not very musically tuned.... it was a Hard Days Night.... And I was workin like a dog!

Try hefting two 15 gallon propane tanks into a flat topped basket from the outside. you cant just slowly lift them because you will end up hitting the wicker.. Nor can you just toss them over and let them land. You have to dead lift them quickly then catch them at the top and slowly guide them down the inside. it works nicely if you have a blanket to cover the bolster... then it will help the tank slide in. Ugh, but I think I trashed my right shoulder and upper arm muscle... Screams of pain and lots of whining going on.


Moving blankets work very nicely. The above picture is really of the other side of my basket showing the two carabiners with my tiedown strap set across it. Right before I tucked it away. Nicely.

I finished the trailer reconstruction ( except for three minor things ) today... This morning. Had to get up early and get to it before it got too hot out. Even then I was out till after 12. Very hot.. very dehydrated even with drinking tons of half and half water and cranberry juice.

I removed the white half inch thick mylar runners ( expensive ) I have had down since getting the trailer. They really helped getting the basket in and out but were a constant tripping hazard. I replaced them today with a truck bed liner I cut out and screwed down. Its very low profile and nothing to trip on. Its very nice. I expect it will make everyone happy not to have to look down to hump the fan over every time.

Then I had to put everything else back in... So below are some shots with explanations...

Empty basket back in trailer on nice new slick flooring. Black pad is down and ready for tanks.

Tank straps sitting on side waiting to be installed. There are six. One fell. The clamps and extra belt clips are very nice.

See the belt feeds over the metal and then you fold it in twos and feed it through that clip which protects you if you bang up against it. This is a lower belt.

Going to be a lot of pictures to show you almost everything. Sorry.

Upper belt installed. I like it to go over the tank so it can keep it from slipping out if I hit hard.

Fuel line connected from the manifold. A Glorious red QSO handle.

My POM tank. Its a little bruiser..nothing pretty.. just Piece Of Mind 10 gallons. Connected into the manifold.

15 gallon and 10 gallon and manifold in middle. Below that is my drop line attached to the basket.

Tiedown fed into the handles for travel. Right behind it are the clips for my document case. It never stays in the basket. Always in the house or with me. Foot step on that side below that.

Everything! Burners are in and secured to the handle. Upright covers and pole bag secured to it. All tanks in and strapped down. It looks like its tight in there but it really isn't. I stand in the corner where the burners are and I have my passenger stand in the bottom middle or between the other two tanks. I like to move about a bit and if needs be I can put a passenger in the back center ( top of pic ) of the basket. If I am carrying two passengers I will usually remove the 10 gallon tank.. ( no spare strikers in basket yet..Maps are in there though ).

Other side of trailer. Blue ring is for comfort of the crown crew person. Soft and wont squeeze on your hands. Misc straps in first bag. Refueling adapter and heavy gloves in second bag.. Pocket wall is for overflow and gloves.

The inflation fan! Rarely does anyone take a picture of the inflation fan. This one has a brand new engine in it as the last one got loose and fell over and caused it to die. This is seriously strapped down correctly and wont move until its unlatched. It has a P tip dual blade that makes the air spiral in nicely.

I also dropped the wall loops so that the basket and the envelope are tied in lower and more securely without flexing the basket against the padded bar. I removed all the other loops from the area so there isn't any confusion on which to tie off to and I cleared space for crew to put coats and backpacks and stuff on the side and out of the way. it should be much nicer now. I also replaced one broken loop from the door wall and added two more to keep the awning secure in two places.

Outside looking in. See the liner on the floor? Nice huh. Awning is strapped and secure. Tieoff line is attached and sitting on the floor right where it can be gotten to.

Things left to do... Fix the flag holders on the front of the trailer.. Readjust the spare tire support.. fix some of the broken lights. I didn't show you the helmet bag nor the crew hooks nor even the upper chair and table deck 9 though you can see it from here ).

Totally exhausted now. Been trying to let aspirin fade some of the pain. Have to do one more thing today before I can sit still again....

Here is my facebook banner and logo for the day..
Half the system page from my manual. Numbers changed to protect the innocent and fit the day.

Nice clip of the back end.

And because there are 16 pictures.. a funny... 17th.


Gone... enjoy the night.