Saturday, April 4, 2015

Wired.

Last night I was pretty wired due to the clarity of the pin design. After talking about how personal some balloons are and what some things mean you would think we are pretty nuts. Not all balloonists are this way. Some are just flying as a means to an end.. that being money. I may have mentioned before that we name our balloons and we have lots of sentimental feeling for them. Our group usually has a play on words in our balloons names. We also have our colors.. or some of us do. I do. Did.. have. Yes have.


My first balloon was given to me and it was red,blue,yellow,orange,green,blue,purple with gores of black between and split panels. Her name didn't change because she was handed to me. Kiss A Hoy.

When I had a chance to buy a new to me ( used ) balloon it had big blue and red squares on a yellow envelope. Bug.. very big. I got to rename that balloon. Its first name was Sky Jewel. Good name but didn't rock my world. Since I bought it I got to change the name.. That took a lot of thinking. It ended up as Patturns In The Sky since I was a Pat, It has turning vents and yep.. if flew in the sky.. Nice ring. THe third and one that I build as you know from scratch in my head is Patturns Highperactive. Its first name was Djinn Chaser. That was due to a book by Tim Powers I had just read and loved. It had Djinn in it and that was explained as a vortices of sentient air.. paraphrasing...  and the Djinn Chanser was a play on words.. Unfortunately when you are using radios to call from the chase crew to the balloon and back you would say... Chase to.... uh.. Chaser? So it was set aside as its AKA and Patturns Highperactive came about.. Same as before.. Pat.. and turning vents ( two ) turns... Highperactive is because as a child I was always told I was hyperactive and this was a racer which is known to be as much... so it fit nicely. I brought "my" colors from my second balloon and made the design very hyper too....Now you know...

Last night we were talking balloons and pins.. as I was saying.. I think.. yes I was saying that.. Well we were talking designs and how a pin was wanted of a balloon from below. Its very very hard to get a straight up picture of a balloon just perfectly. I mentioned that I could do a wire frame of the picture I took from directly below.. ( I think I hurt myself getting the shot stumbling around to get in just the exact position ) ... So thats what I did this morning.... Okay. I did that after coming back from work.... problems at work.. bad and scary but fixed. Made for a very stressful morning...so to depress from that I wire framed KKisses. I think it is ready for a pin. After that I went to do my own. I dont have a clean perfectly up or down shot so I tried to edit one a friend got from above. Its not exact but nice.

Here is what I happened....




I hope Eric likes it.

So I went from there to try my own from the top.....






Its slightly off center but I think I might be able to correct it. If not I will work from the template and see if I can get an above and below.

Other things to do before I do that.

But I will send the KKisses one to Eric tomorrow after we fly.. fi we can fly... I have been watching the winds for a couple days now and they were first at about 13 mph and now that is down to 6. Hoping by tomorrow morning they are almost nothing so we can go flying and have some fun without drifting off to places....


Orange bit is the time frame I am watching the winds for. There is even a little precipitation in the mix.

Watching and waiting. One way or the other.. uness its actively raining we are going out.. and getting coffee on the way. Hopefully. So tomorrow maybe I will have some nice pictures and a story to tell.

Here is my facebook banner for the day and logo....


Eric and I just toodling around over Fiesta Park. I adjusted the shot and it got a little funky... but its cool.

I might be.....

Oh.. Almost forgot... We got on the short standby list for the Balloons over London long jump. They only selected 50 balloons this year and those have to be able to fly for three hours. For me to do it in mine I would have to have at least three 15 gallon tanks and go by myself... not much fun.. but if I borrowed a balloon that was a 90,000 it could be done with passengers... which would be a hoot.. I would have to wrestle myself into not landing in piccadilly circus or hyde park or tower bridge because I definitely have the extreme urge to do so even now. In the middle of the day I got a nice note and relieved some worry.. funny how you can do that and it all turns out fine. Its Easter tomorrow! Rabbits around the world need to be careful with those eggs. Please parents remember where you hide those hard boiled ones so you dont have a surprise in a month or so.