Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Rodents of unusual sneakyness

No, not skulking around the office....hahaha.. I am not a rodent! Loads of misc stuff at work. Many phone calls and many weird and strange things. It was a bit odd. One misfiring email from yesterday corrected, one email and call verified, one item ordered and pending.


Very large! Very! I ordered 1000 feet of cat 6 external, direct bury cable for our weather surveillance video cameras. I am hoping.. I expect it will work fine but I am hoping to have a 360 degrees of video monitoring of the weather movement around the office. The techs are going to mount them on our tower behind the office at the highest point possible while wearing their safety equipment.. so that will be about 6 or so feet below the last tie off point. Quite nicely clearing the surrounding area.

I hope it works... they are 1080p cameras and the take so far is impressive. After that we want to set up a unit at our radar site to monitor the dish, monitor the status display, the surrounding area and also hook up on the tower itself which has a wonderful view in every direction and right into town. We do need a netlink from there but we might be able to do that too.

That is just part of our situational awareness system. A very active part of it. When we are able to capture an hour of weather drawing in and then using the software in the office to speed it up then post it to our office website the show the progression of storms or active weather patterns... well... Its totally COOL and I am just a tech weenie.

When I made it home I was replacing door locks and running in circles. More secure is very secure. I have cameras on the house but danged if I want to buy this unit for myself.. 8 cams and a 1tb hdd. Cool stuff. So... yeah.. busy at the house.... then I was looking out the window and what do I see but that sneaky squirrel! Just lounging around my pond...snacking on the seed pods from my psycho neighbor's tree... yeah.. psycho..the tree is too... If you wander around my back yard they are gonna ask if your a trespasser.... No.. its my backyard! They may even ask you if you have a water leak going on... no.. really.. its my ponds waterfall... yes you can see it from their yard. If you poke your head over the fence. Thanks though for checking with me about it..... you just never know. They are nice enough.

Well, off track again.... squirrel! Yes.. just right there.. got the cam out and shot a few through the glass door... Wish I could ahve gotten closer but its very... well.....squirrelly!

 Its All Mine!
 Big cheeks

Tiny Nose.
 Checking for predators.

Bushes Are Good!
Just eating seeds in tiny hands.

Squirrel In Repose.
Paint me like a french lady.

And then off to the pond water fountain to drink..peek over the top rock then mess around in the pine needles under the tree. Such a wonderful resort to hang out at. No cover charge at all.

I dithered around with facebook banner pictures and did spend some time editing a picture just to toss it away as boooorrrriiinnnngggg! SO I dug around and found this excellent shot I took as I was flying with friends in Los Lunas. Father taking daughter out for a ride to see our four balloons wandering around in the gently moving air. They stopped and were waving as we crossed over the road. It was a fun day. It took forever to land that day as we were almost becalmed over a school track field. It had fences around it making it pretty hard to get out of if we did land so we slowly.. very slowly got past it. Fun!


Logo was just before lifting off again after a hop.

Tomorrow is Wednesday and I didn't get a bunch of stuff done I needed to do after work and I have stuff at work I want to get done too... Ah well... I have to remember to leave it at the office even if that is very very hard.

I am going to go surf the nets to relax....