Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Suffusion of Blue.

The one thing that Albuquerque has that I always will treasure is the blue skies. Unless there is a major dust storm or crazy weather there are always blue skies. They might be light soft blue or dark and deep blue. Stark steel blues and soft willowy blues with fluffy clouds and big thunderheads.


I can sit there on the West side and look at the Sandias until the the drops behind me. If I had time for that. I really have to make the time for that. Really! Taking pictures of the clouds that brew up over us almost every day can be a little boring. I am saying that they are ever changing but constant pictures of the clouds can be monotonous. I did thing editing some of the petroglyphs for the colors of the basalt and a nip of sky might be nice as back drops. I posted them below.

Working today was a bit of a speed waiting line. Solving a few problems only to be halted at the last moment sucked. Hoping tomorrow we can get that cleared up. I did go and edit out another excel file and that makes me happy. Cable due in tomorrow to finish up the the camera setup. The guys are all having a good time working with them, adjusting, monitoring, its a hoot. Tomorrow we are going to look at the video take from one cam to see if the sunlight is hindering what we see or its the best we can get. The auto setting is pretty cool but loves the external light. I have to wait till the 28th to get the sirius 50 ft extension cable so I can run that and get that working. I am sewing with spaghetti.

Here are the shots I selected for today....

Petro-Dancin Man.



Petro-Pokey Man



Petro-Whistling Man


Fun with Petro's

Yeah... I have to get out there at dawn and then at dusk and see what else shows up when the sunlight is in a different part of the sky. I have missed a bunch but they are hard to photograph without signs, people, posts in the way. I could take some optically shifted shots and then blend them....naaaa.. that would be complete manipulation of the shot and then I might as well completely fake it. I will see what I can do..... soon.... soonish.....

My facebook banner for the day was a select shot when the sky goes orange red. Nicely framed by the trees in my backyard. And my logo is another shot of the sun set over the West side from the East side. Subtle and different. Albuquerque has so many things making it worthy to come and sit a spell.






I could load a massive amount of shots here but its nice to stick with just a few.

And this was terribly funny....