Friday, April 3, 2015

Drawing, Symmatry, Harmony

 Good Friday... introspection.

Also, loads of thinking on things not specific to the day. Got me why. Too much distraction over the night and day. Best thing to do was get out there and get a few things done. If I had my saws all I would have gotten that crazy tree thing done but no such luck. Guess that will have to hold. We have these trees that keep popping up everywhere you don't want a tree and not coming up where you want trees. I have to cut and kill them or they will break my foundation and get into the plumbing. Not a fun job. Its a norm that if I want to do something there will be people who want to stand in the way, dawdle, or generally be a total nuisance to those that have plans and a timeline. Normal. BAH!


WHen you work on a design for two or more years you get to have it in the back of your head most of the time. When you are trying not to thing / worry about something else it usually shuffles in the back there and things that are also unrefined, like thoughts that you can't resolve show up. This pin thing has been bugging me forever. The parameters for it are strict. 1. Must be in the shape of a lode stone or plate like shape. 2. Must be art Nouveau or Deco in orientation but not overly exaggerated or should be subsumed. 3. Has to create a subliminal Ankh design. 4. Shall have all the icons or type designs found in the original pin. 5. Will adhere to the scripting or pictogram of the lode stone / drogue stone. This is for one part of the pin. And its not really a pin but a pendant.. Or both.

In the middle of contemplating it as it sat spinning in the middle of my brain.. and it was.. Think .. darkness with tinges of gray along the edges and this rectangle is floating in there..; as I had last edited it... I didn't like it.. It was too wide, too over blown with rays, too jarring and not harmonious between the requirements. It was going round and round on its small end.. round and round.. spinning ... It was just frustrating the heck out of me.... then just like a smack in the head it stretched.. long wize and thinned in the middle.... I had to stop and scratch this down... it looked like this.

It went from Right to left... a grid showed up then the rectangle.. with edges.. then thinned and that gave me an idea.. so when I got home it got weirder... I had this very very strange idea.. It was an epiphany idea like I had when I designed the first dual layer pin ever made with my second balloon pin... The same as I did for a friends pin.. they are expensive... pretty much two pins atop each other.. but everyone loved them and their collectors price went up by five times. I only have a few of those pins left.. Stored away....

As I was going on about... I had this stunning idea as that pin rotated in my skull.. wirring there... It got cool.. it also got expensive... but damn! If I can pull it off it will be slick as all get out. I don't know how designs and art comes to other artists.. and I know a few.. and I hold one in great esteem.... I and untrained and so my ideas are hard to lock down.. Oh I can draw... Not what you would call portraits or scenes and such.. ... since that does not interest me at all.. but this kind of design.. logos... things like that come all the time. I scratch stuff down everywhere... on work docs and on the computer... I picked up a Samsung note 4 just so I could draw what hits my brain and jingles. Yes.. its a black note 4. Oh and I have thoughts on wearing black clothing.... who would understand that.

I cant show you the sketch of what I had in my head because that would give it away and others would run off and do it before I can and get the credit.. Yes.. I have heard of stinky people stealing designs and even website logos and the hassles getting that corrected....

Hang on a bit.. Gotta go have a visit with friends. I will finish this up later tonight and post it late... I will give you a taste of what I came up with then...

WOAH! After a good evening with familys and loads of talking.. a lot one sided ( mine ) and over blown ( me ).. I is home.. My butts a bit sore but worth the good company. Did that sound funny?
Much spoken about and more to speak to. Quite a bit about pins... and tolerances.

So. yeah.. Let me post a few oblique shots of this pin design so as not to give much away .. yet.


Heart beats.. must have those.


Pictograms..
 Try and figure it out. Its got to do with ballooning right!?!

Text from the era of drogue stones.
 Has to be sumerian or that type of marking you would find on clay tablets.

Chain or thong strap link.
Because it is a pin but is supposed to bring your thoughts to those type of stones...or something else there needs to be some thing there....

I blame Tim Powers ( Author and all around interesting guy ) for all this. Read Declare if you want to try and grasp what I am doing. You will clue in to it as soon as you finish reading it. Really, its worth the time... I may re-read it again here for the 100th time... its that good.  GO.. go.....!

Much to do and this is only one of two pin designs to do.. both complimenting each other in ways that I will go into once they are complete and done. Its so very complicated and I want to be able to really explain the thoughts behind it that I have had since I first read the novel and which has bent my mind is such strange ways. The second pin / drogue design is easier and almost complete in my head.

I will stop here now because I could go on..... and I dont want to give all of my thoughts away yet...

Here is my facebook banner for the day and logo. I was trying for an effect with the logo that didn't quite worthe way I wanted it to but it was still nice enough to use.

Hidden is the day number.... not too hard.. I have to work on hiding it better.


In repose with PH eclipsing.

It was a fun day. Ended much funner.... right... I can make words up as I go!

Off to get ready for whatever tomorrow brings. Hopefully a good word. and a good day.

Hope you have a good Saturday also.


I was a pirate too!
Arrrr!