Saturday, April 25, 2015

Hot Air!

So much so that a small portion of Rio Rancho bloomed in the Soviet Nuclear Detection System and had their systems go on standby/fuel. As the big balls of hot air meandered off like untrainable kittens the warning was lifted and returned to Be A Pain In The Ass level. Photography was amazing too..


I knew my decision to canx last night would bring good fortune to everyone else. The weather is fickle and every time I say I am going to fly it gets ugly. I have already posted to fly this next weekend under the guise of the main canx order so I can catch it sleeping. I have high hopes that Sunday will be nice and I can get some air.

I took somewhere in the range of a thousand pictures today. Lots of duplicates but thats normal. I had the D300 out with the 10.5 fisheye on it. So many great shots with that piece of awesome glass. You can tell from the shots below how good they come out.

ZK burners and Pilot. Both facing away for safety.


Ted and the Puff burner facing towards you... beware!


Black Magic Woman's burners facing away with no Lori in sight... hehehe.


Puff Pastry! Puffs basket is bold and bright and way cool looking from this viewpoint.


Massively fun day. So many balloons out and I couldn't get to all of them as I really wanted to get some shots of Puff today. I have been meaning to but get drawn away easily as I have a very short attention span. I did get a LOT of shots of everyone but I only got up close and personal with ZK, PITAS KISS and Puff and a bit of Diamonds. I will post some more shots of Puffs interesting and singular basket and burner system later.

I will add this here.. Puffs basket is a triangle and she has a central burner. THe yellow you see above is one of the outside handles. Overall it is a big basket with lots of room and low saddles. Very colorful and with the black smooth soft leather it seems a little bad to put her out in the dirt. But thats Teds problem..... Sorry Ted... I can barely keep my own system clean.

First launched was Bob with a first time passenger.. I believe next was Puff then Diamonds then ZK up and out and around... Think of a upwards clockwise corkscrew and that is how they went.. gently and smoothly. I think Puff and Diamonds were very close for a bit as ZK went off to play with someone else that took off from farther West. Way too many pictures to load to show today.

Whew.. I am bushed. Downloading that and processing those that were on the D300 took a while. I also had to  reset my D7100 and download a new firmware version, then set up my shooting menu back to how I like it. Center focus, lock, recompose. I was having a problem that I could focus lock recompose, shoot then it would lock up... I figured it out after the fact.

My facebook banner today was of the edge of the mountains in the morning sunrise. I had to move quickly to get to the launch field to get the shot... moving to a place where the street lights were not in the way... Pain in the butt...

Day 160 zero zero zero zero......

Debris found on the West side by people who cant afford to pay 5 bucks to drop it at the waste recycling area.... Jerks.

That or the jackrabbits hare worried about sunburn.

Off I go... to edit some more awesome balloon pictures!!