Thursday, April 9, 2015

Too Far!

It was a dark and stormy night....Well I was trying to think of a starting point for todays blog. I had a thought.. then it went thunk.. then it fell on the floor and had no idea where to find it. Must be the smell of potato soup that has my brain swimming. I did peel the potatoes. Two bad ones almost killed six others. Glad I got them quickly. It was a good and generous day. But my brain was tapioca... white and bland....


Not really.. kinda... well.... Lots of things that happened. Lots... but I did get off about half hour late. Not too bad. We found a security camera systems for the office. .. It was a mutual "this one, no this one" thing.... they are pretty cheap now. Even units with 1tb drives in them and 8 cameras.. pretty cool. I found out that the apple Iwatch is having serious lag problems. Delayed.. not that I was going to buy one...also there is a new Imac coming out that the blogger who was writing about it couldn't decide if it was ahead of its time or terribly lacking. There are rumors of the Surface 4 coming out but other than an upgrade to the processor or some other bell or whistle its good the way it is. Other tech stuff... interesting but not really worth commenting on.

I did get a very lood link sent to me. A song that was pretty awesome. Enough that I gave it a good thumbs up..cheered me up, made a poster from a segment of the song lyrics and played it a few times in a row. It ticked my brain over to having some more fun with posters...

Of Monsters and Men - Crystals.
Songs got great bones. I went nuts with the splashes of color and the base was fun to do. The poster has depth which I really like.

That led to funny things and then onto a seriously long edit which I think turned out very nicely even if it did take ages to do.... I think I am avoiding working on the pin thing. I really need to work on the pin thing.. but I also have to work out a banner for my balloon trailer and that is stumping me heavily.  I just had a thought... hmm.. Okay... Circus side show panels! Maybe .. hmm...

Okay the other two.. one is a lift from the net because it was terribly funny...

Hilarious!

Then.. okay.. this is what I worked on for an hour.... it turned out nicely I think. Love the glowy colors....maybe I am harkening back to my highschool days and the black light posters.. hahahaha.

Rads.


Slick glow.

I had to paint the bottom of the letterings by hand... I wanted it to seem to reflect the rad sign from below. Which it seems to. Its a layer on a semi transparent layer upon other textures. Again, it feels like it's got depth. Why that is so important to me I just dont know. 

Sometimes.. most times I rail at not having the formal education to do what I want to do with the ideas rattling in my head. What seems like childs play to some when they look at art is usually the tip of a learning iceberg for the artist. What should take me moments takes me hours. That and I am toying around with this.... I am humbled by some comments that are made. I am flailing around in my head with my ideas trying to get hatched correctly. 

Oh.. I am getting to go back to school... YAY! have to figure out what and when. Busy schedule to fit into.

Here are my facebook banner and logo.. it was novel.. 

 Great fun with the textures and play on words.

Logo is another pin patch design I have sat on. in color its rather nice.

This fit the days feel. Generic fun.

Have some generic fun on me..... keep it two tone! Too far!