Sunday, April 19, 2015

Technical Day

Truthfully it started out last night with finding a good link to the AWIPS 2 managers guide and a couple of hours enjoying the information in it. What was to my mind a sloppily crafted operating database system overlay is turning out to be not so bad. It is a very complicated system with many weird and dynamic functionality. I wish I had my tab system up but I am on my home surface digging through it all. I am hoping to spend an hour every other day with it until we install in May.


Why every other day. Because I have many other systems to monitor, many other items to support and process and people to keep happy. I enjoy the happy part because them being happy makes me happy. I am hoping on the odd days to look over the build docs and get familiar with what they want us to do. Come the end of April I hope I have it relatively in my head. Another Einstein quote for you.

 “Never memorize something that you can look up.” 
― Albert Einstein

So I will have the system manual in my phone and tablet. 

Thats not all I did with my time. I reviewed a lot about the Nikon D7100. There is a lot out there. Sadly there is a bunch of goofy stuff too. I was mainly looking for cut outs to get to specific settings like ISO, Bracketing, Flash so that I am not fumbling around all the time. Another bunch of stuff to stick in my cell phone. 

Oh... one thing I did think about today was that a neat way of monitoring radio transmitters sites wont work for our office in most cases and where it would would cost us more in connection fees that is really needed. Its free to jsut call someone in the area to see if a transmission is going out instead of paying for a carrier. Now..... saying that does not mean that in the near future it won't be feasible. I am going to make some calls when I have the time to see if I can get it done with little time out of my day.... I have lots going on in the next 30 to 45 days and then I want to take some classes to refresh myself o n networking, linux, and one on Excel for the fun and need of it. Yes.. Excel is fun.

I did go over the shots from Ft Worth again and picked a few more out to work with. I was halfway with one when my wife decided it look very cool and was like was that what I was going for... LOL.. I have to remember that what I think is cool is not what others think is cool as I sold two pictures I thought were very boring. Below is the shot half way and then how I wanted it ( I really liked it ) and then two more.. I will comment below each shot.

Inset.
The original shot with a wide clip inset and the tone changed.

The NORRIS.
 Spanned and adjusted to bring out the reflection on the brick face of the Norris. An old theater repurposed as a convention center front. I love it.

 POOL.
 Its all about the neon. It glows on its own. Capturing it and making it what I want it to be is a completely different thing.

Timing.
My total favorite of the day. I cannot believe how enjoyable it was when this floated out of the edit. 

All three are going to be used as wallpaper and I hope I can print the first and third as large as the should be. 60 inches by 20 inches. The last should be on metal as it is so very industrial. 

Today was a very constructive day on the work and hobby side. On the home repair side not so much. No saws all and could not find the need to drive all the way down to the store for a door knob. I will hopefully pick both up tomorrow after I help my brother pick up a elliptical trainer after work.

My facebook banner for the day came out better than I thought too. Much fun in selecting and editing. The logo was another fun sign. You can see how I stole the upper banner.

Pointedly.
 Look closer at the shot. Go ahead and tell me why its strange..other than the color.

Exit 224A.
Be there or be run over.

I am trying not go into work earlier than I usually do. So many things to do and I know other things are going to get in the way of my long list. I have hopes. I hope you hope too.