Monday, June 30, 2014

Nothing up my sleeve.

What a day.... I mean... I get no respect.. no respect! ( yanking tie ).

It was a delayed action Monday. Had to sit and wait for a certified letter from the govt. at the house because somehow they got my work address and home address transposed and so what should have been work time turned into me having to take leave to receive and sign for this important envelope.. cool huh! I even did some telecommuting ( computer work ) on travel and property from my chair. More free time I cant really charge anything to. Oh well... Part of that extra I do that I just write off. Which cracks me up when some people ( not all or eve most, but some ) say that govt workers are lazy and sit around doing nothing all day. Not in my office and not in my chair. I know the post office seems to have a problem and the VA if fully of problems too. I can honestly look at my branch and see that our HQ staff are running around like crazy too. See we have and are still way understaffed. Most people are doing two or three jobs as well as their own. I would still say I am not complaining... just mentioning. Our staff all want to be there and working to get out the best possible product to the public. Yes its very hard, yes sometimes its frustrating, yes there are tons of regulations.. so what..its a job worth doing. How to explain 10 % chance of rain in your area to people. LOL

I dithered around last night trying to learn Adobe illustrator. For such a supposedly easy system to use it sure is a pain the the tail end. Sheesh... I wanted to create a circle in black. I wanted to put a doughnut of red in the middle of that and then from there edit back the white areas to transparencies... yeah... PITA!

Not sure I have much to show you. I was working again with the British or really London Underground signs. Looking for their standards and parameters. I did at last find a link that led to a torn up and wrinkled copy of their draft of standards for Underground signs. From that I noticed that they dome follow it sometimes. That there is funny. So I am working along the lines of making Underground signs for specific places and or people houses or such so they can have something novel on their walls.

Here's your sign....

Normally the wording isnt in the red circle. The arrow through the red circle is pretty standard.


Here is a sign that is not quite to code.. but I think that may be because they needed to attach it to the tile.


The UndergrounD sigh is the correct programmed size. The signs below are again unusual.


This is my sign.... K9 K9 K9 K9... okay ...close...


Some education in the way of net links for today... Dont chew on the cover....

This kills me..really.. Why is there any outside connection to our power system or Nuke plants? There should be two separate systems with tunnels... idiots.

http://gizmodo.com/stuxnet-like-malware-from-russia-is-attacking-u-s-powe-1598091987

Ive said it before Ill say it again.. I need a grant!  If they will pay for these idiotic ideas... well...

http://io9.com/the-10-maddest-of-the-mad-science-projects-funded-by-da-1597799224/+barrett

Yes.. and yes.... and kinda...

http://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/is-the-government-responsible-for-sheltering-you-from-n-503807811/+kcampbelldollaghan

Barf, Gag, Puke, Im too weak to go on... Beauty.. art... Lets dip .... No.. Ugly is the only thing that comes to mind.

http://gizmodo.com/the-troubling-history-behind-the-best-design-of-the-yea-1598103865

I've been sitting on ideas for ages because they don't sing... and the above building is like putting your foot through the bass drum! Look at the Sydney concert halls for flow and beauty..

As the last triangle of ? Light? Cheddar Cheese? Comes from below followed by another C Major of tonalities.. its coming.. I cant see it since I am looking at the hand/ arm..in the darkness.... With the glowing edges of the area surrounding me I can get an idea that I can touch the walls of light driving upwards and I get the feeling.. or the chilling, this inst your mothers strange light hexagonal tube to wherever... thing... I don't know if I can reach the sides.... I don't know what is going to happen when all the parts are in place. I am going on pure faith that I wont end up chop suey somewhere. Since I have yet to do anything but be assaulted by light and sound lets see if I can reach out to the hand.. and... yes.. arm... raise.... raise.... OH Sala Bim Sala Bim!