Saturday, June 21, 2014

Soreness but with it.

WHATAGREATDAYOMGIEVENFLEWIN13MPHWINDS!!!

Yeah. I'm cool. WE got out to the launch area via Starbucks. Got there about 10 minutes early. Stuck myself out of the way of the other balloonists but with room around. Everyone else showed up and I started getting things out, even though the wind was up a bit. I was told that it was going to die off so we set up and with my little balloon it gets filled fast. Tested, prepped, cams on and up and out. Then the winds got friskier. What was going to be a couple of elevators turned out to be up, over, down, and the winds were going 13 mph...screaming over the motor-cross area and not feeling like bouncing off ever darn lip of every turn, ground tracked ( I've seen the video.... awesome) and dropped it on the other side. Winds were so fast that the dust when I do stop dragging is streaking past my basket bottom. Did this four times. The two in the middle were from altitude to ground tracking to touching then lifting out... those were at 10 mph. Up and out and over some power-lines, looked for a clear non cactus infested area and put her down nice and sweet as you can please. I did in the 60 yard drag have a go pro camera pop off then bulldozed under my basket. I went and got it.. works fine. What a rush. I don't usually fly in anything lower than 5 mph but this was just me... and a lot of open area. I could have planted it directly on touchdown but it was better to not be hard on the equipment and did her up a treat!

Late Night Insanity


After a good chat with all the friends at the launch area we bopped back to the house for showers then over to the Brothers house for a semi surprise party. Had to leave and do werk but it was good. They said they would save me some cake. It was fun to natter about stuff. I did get a few shots of their flowers before we left. I edited the shots I took at the brothers and made them up nice. They are below. Slight tweaks and crops with highlights in. Fun bloomin day due to all to good people who came out and helped.


Bright Tinkles.



Lilac Fairies.


NTBlooms.


Velvet Blue.


Elena Petals.
All from my Brothers house.

Links..

Nifty cool. Gotta get this app for my phone. I need to get one that translates English to Spanish and back. speak and spell... I can learn on the fly.

http://gizmodo.com/electronic-wristbands-translate-sign-language-into-smar-1594190782

Funny things....

http://lifehacker.com/top-10-silly-but-awesome-products-that-make-life-easier-1592546403

Strange cat noises. but cool. The holding purrs are amazing.

http://www.neatorama.com/2014/06/20/Cat-Welcomes-Soldier-Home/

THis just made me laugh so hard I had tears in my eyes. Especially the Devon area accents... I would love to hear one of the US.... that would be a laugh.

http://www.neatorama.com/2014/06/21/One-Woman-Seventeen-Different-British-Accents/

Oh.. and I ache a lot. I braced my left arm and while bouncing it took a lot of hits. Ill try and get some clips out of it to post.

Onward!

Chimes, a tinkle, ring ring, rumble of lightning. Quiet... I can hear the winds rolling across the the tarps over the outside of the carousel. I am, in this center of calm aware of the thrumming coming from my watch pocket. Rumble of thunder, closer, thrum of the watch, and peak of lightning and boom of lightning closer still.... The, the.. dammit! The St Elmo's fire! That's it... Its touching along each sharp edge highlighting the whole carousel. Blue licks, very tight, very organized and pulsing along with the thrumming of the watch... A loud feminine yell comes on the wind with the rumbling of the storm, clearly picked out of the noise because of the tight register of a female voice... Peal, crackle, BOOM!