Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pushing it.

A later day than I wanted. The replacement of a radio rack took way over the standard 4 hours to get up and running. The rack segment took minutes, the connection process....well,,,it needs help. Killed my getting off on time, doing groceries and being home around normal times instead of late and fighting traffic.




The shots I took on the trip yesterday, through a dirty window came out okay. Some were just to see if I could get something and some came out very nice indeed. Below are three. Two cropped, one abused to fit the format. No chance to get it lined up at the distance I would have needed. Way it goes.




There are some more though I have no time right now. Hoping to go fly Saturday morning. As much as I do I also want to sleep...not that I have been sleeping past 530 anyways. It's nice to try. Snacks will be chips and dips, maybe something sweet if I can find a suitable item. Ice, juice, soda, water. Everything else is pretty ready to go. You should come out. I'm told I am meeting at Unser and Westside. In that general area.











Go big or go home.....

and I'm taking my ball!

Links today?

Now we cant get away from anything.We are trending to built in clomuters or the alternate..divorce of all connections.

http://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/when-radio-in-every-room-was-the-dream-of-the-future-1593178514/+kcampbelldollaghan

These are just cool links to stick away for a boring day.

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/5-incredibly-cool-websites-for-geeks-you-can-try-right-now

Nifty but beware when the rails run out.....

http://gizmodo.com/this-aluminum-car-was-built-to-run-on-abandoned-railway-1593445965

My brain must be about 2 miles under the sea....

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/20-interesting-yet-true-facts-about-the-human-body





Warped, woofed, sliding my hand before me, looking for the tarp edge..round and round..fumble as the clouds come lower and ozone tickles my nose. Not the best place to be during a storm. Ah! Edge and tied ropes across an opening. Too tight to pull apart but the bottom isn't as tucked in. Lifting a few hundred pounds of tarp aside and hunching down, then lifting and duck walking under it. Glad it's not wet or I'd be covered in mud. Flopping the tarp behind me and by feel alone since there is only the idea of lift in here, I cand stand and step up on the platform. Gripping a horses tail I think. Saying "thanks for the assist" to the horse, no reply. Well. The breeze has moved to winds, and winds to a good blow. The tarps are bellowing in and out as my eyesight adjusts for the gloom. Slower than slow is my move to the center of the contraption and perhaps .....