Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Distractions and rambling

I think my  office computer has it in for me. It hangs all the time. Its not like I am building a huge movie or processing pictures.. I am just trying to open an excel sheet and another window plus get my email. Total freeze. I spend more time sitting waiting for the system to respond than doing what I need to do.. so I am off on sorting or other paperwork until it feels like starting again. I am not sure what exactly is wrong with it. It just bogs down and stops. Ram.. no…. good ram.. CPU . its a newish computer tower. Stupid waste of my time. Thinking on it and I can do more on my surface than I can with that hunk of new junk. I could kick it in the morning and see if that helps. I have things to do and I can't do them! Oh well.. tomorrow is another day and I shouldn't e thinking about I while I am at home.. let it wash off and deal with it tomorrow.



On the plus side I did get all my shots loaded to our office drives for the Forecaster who did the damage survey, to help her with her decision and support her account of the storm. Looking at the radar and sweeping it when it hit was excellent. You could follow the path even though I only have a passing idea of the dynamics of the situation. I can and did observe and I also an a sounding board for them. Just listen and repeat back or point out what I saw. I again.. learned a lot…. They made the decision and it was not an easy one as to what, how, where and why. Cool radar images.

On the photography side, I tool about 680 shots of the storm damage yesterday. Quite a few pianos just in case operations wanted to be able to stand in the middle and see what I was seeing. Some half pianos too. Anything and everything. I will post some outtakes but not the direct damage shots as they are for the office file. It was important to get as much as possible so it could help with the decisions. The people affected were in better spirits than I would have been. American attitudes. 

EDIT FOR CONTENT Boy did I go off subject.

There are also those who we raise to lead us ( everywhere ) who want to enslave you by handing you money while they ram tons of it in their own pockets…. Never trust anyone who is giving you something for nothing.. its a scam and you will in the end lose out. While they run off to their nice new house in the ( enter elite compound here )

SOAP BOX OFF.. A comment about American survival and photos and off I go…. Oh well… Skip it if you like… Perhaps I should have put this at the beginning... bummer.. 

Look at what the overly rich on your dime crusade for in anything... even art. 

I ran some shots last night for wall posters… basically regular day things that I could hang on the wall and find interesting to look at…





Pretty cool. I was thinking that I need to do one just for the west side... West Siiiieeeeed! Funny.

Linkeroos.



Sad sad sad... too many jobs gone due to once protectors of the workers.. Unions... killer of the regular paying job. Exasperator of the working wage..pocket stuffer of your mandatory dues.


Cool stuff...but.. Ive been to the VLA in New Mexico and nothing can beat being under those massive antennas with a bleached vista everywhere you look.. its stunning you will never get in street view.. granted you dont need water.


15 minutes!! wow! Like the microwave... fast.... yeah.. dont use the microwave to recharge your cell phone.


If you are nearsighted.. Or farsighted.. well.. Used to be you could see signs in Los Angeles and surrounding areas.... easily...

http://southland.gizmodo.com/before-the-hollywood-sign-found-fame-others-signs-dott-1587266415/+kcampbelldollaghan

Nifty...



Hmmm... Looks like I am not the only one watching the carousel. Three men and one woman. As my gaze slips past all of them to turn my head towards the food, I let the shift rotate my body towards the smell and step off. Sauntering slowly, in the general direction but not anywhere suspiciously... or I think I am being subtle.. maybe they are right on my heels. No, they were a good forty paces from where I stopped so unless they ran, which I should be able to hear, they are staying farther away. Oh, well! Sausages...I like that.. How do I pay for a sausage... sliding my hands into my pockets as if I have been here before,. Little inside vest pocket swiping it, feeling, coins. Question here.. are they coins I can use here or not. Pulling out five copper coins, all badly damaged to be indistinguishable... a slight look down shows... Can I pass them off. I feel a little quick tympani, tinkle, tink, tinkle,tinkle.. Y in Morse I believe.... O" Wonderful!


Snaussages!