Sunday, March 30, 2014

Squeek Squeek Squeek!

Tap Tap Tap... at my door "enter please' I say out loud as I snap the book closed. Turning in my chair slightly I can see the door open fully and the maid rolling a food cart into my room. I know its a food cart because I can smell the food.... sigh. As usually she is quiet, cute and quick. "I've brought your normal tea per your standing orders sir." She says in one quick statement. No words, Eyes never meeting mine for more than a second and now a blush is creeping slowly up her delightfully creamy throat. Coughing into my hands back. "Thank you again, is the preparations for the morning been take care of?" "Yes sir, all according to your request. I will wake you at 6am for your bath and breakfast and right down at 8am." Ah, good. "Thank you again my lady, well done." Her eyes hit mine for the slightest second at that "My Lady". Ahh....


Interesting. Sunday and got a bunch of things done along with a family dinner. Smoked pork chops and mash taters, corn and cherry pie! Also carrot cake as it was the sons birthday .. well Tuesday. I have removed a television off the wall and its almost ready to go up in a different location so I can remove the huge tv that's been lurking on my hearth for years. Good things. Minimization and cleaning up. I have to get some cement holders for the screws as its going up on a brick wall. The I have to buy some paint and start painting. Well I have to do some spackling and wood puttying first.

For photographs today I find that my annual fee is due to Zenfolio soon. Meh. Its a good web site. I fiddled with a few more shots and had some fun with them. I did do two, three shot panos of a storm that slide past the office last week. They turned out nicely. I want to do a lot more of those.

Old time Rock and Roll.


Grates.


Upper Air Arrangement.


Virga?


The pano's are huge! You can zoom into the street signs and they are still not pixalized! Amazing!

links....

I used to work on mag tape drives. I learned how to run them and fix them. The testing for fixing them was very novel. Watching one spin tape at high speed onto the floor is a lot more freaky than this.

http://gizmodo.com/watch-magnetic-tape-fall-like-water-in-this-hypnotic-vi-1553658181

This just cracked me up!

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/this-is-why-the-mayor-of-calgary-canada-deserves-a-twitter-award

Interesting too!

http://gizmodo.com/dont-buy-plane-tickets-on-the-weekend-if-you-want-a-go-1554788658

I never thought of this.. I usually get the cart with a bad wheel.. but then I go real fast so it makes a lot of noise!

http://lifehacker.com/grab-shopping-carts-from-the-parking-lot-to-avoid-wobbl-1554245166

All in fun!