Monday, March 10, 2014

Nuclear Lemons.

Idly waiting, it seems I have a moment to look a that book a little closer. Its very warn as I pull ir out. Opening the cover shows absolutely nothing. Alright! Page three….. page three is one solid sheet of vellum! Not torn, not taped, not nailed! Interesting enough its also blank….. La la lala.. I had might as well sing as no a damn thing is working the way its supposed to work in the known universe…. Wait a minute…. Known universe… Oh that's just tripe on top of custard.. and I think I detest custard. Flipping through the whole book is page after page of nothing. Who would knock me out and chase me around and hunt me down for a blank book…. Yes, yes I know it was full of code sets before, but if so where are the now. Invisible ink!!! That's it.. I need some lemons. Or, or…. Margarita sounds better. Slapping it closed in frustration it vibrates in my hand. Is it going to explode or just purr? Should I fling it across the room for safety or will that just make me have to pick it up after it fails to go off. Touching the cover to my cheek I can feel it almost pulsing. No.. its not eating my face… Weird damn book.



Douglas Adams once wrote. ( pun ) I have read his books so I know he writes. They are very funny in the way he goes on. I wish I had the talent. He narrates his stories. I am going to have to give it a try some time. How bout now. As we wwatch our intrepid but stalwart fellow heading into the office in that red truck, well it would be red if there wasn't so much dust attached from numerous sad drippy rains that flop into Albuquerque. They wet your vehicle enough to cement the aforementioned dust to it then sloppily move out as if to say… I just can't be bothered with a good gully-washer.

But I did get to work and I had only two certifiable morons try to being my particular time space location at the same time as I was. Both being white or sliver and small. I expect they were classified under the heading “People who have no clue that a tiny can will get run over roughshod if the try to drive into big red trucks”. Silly people. Work was nice, hectic… but it usually is. Paperwork.. or computer work was all of numbers and tally and property and such. I do like numbers if they are in nice columns and add up correctly. That and the amount of stuff that is heading our way to do is also pretty daunting. Tomorrow jeans and semi nice shirt since I think I will be on the ground and running cables most of the day except for the filling out travel paperwork. Its interesting too.

The pictures I took yesterday were very nice. I didn't really have to tone anything but the ones that had dark spots. I was shooting almost into the sun and the contrast was too much for the camera. I will put some down below. I tried a few things here and I will explain what I was going for for each picture.

Localized Sun Spot
 This picture didn't need toning but I did it anyway. The starkness of the burn knocks out the blue sky. I was trying to get the test burn and the sun spots.

Rivals.
 This balloon is again starkly colourful against the Sandia's

Shadow Flags.
 I was trying to get a crisp shot of the flags shadows but the wind and the envelope were flexing too much.

Quarter Z.
 A nice set up. Burner in lower left, Crown in upper right. Nice and balanced.

Chevrons and Beats.
 Close closeup. The clash of colours and the boldness of the designs brings it in your face.

Equator Check.
 The good way to do one. Another contrast. Basket in the air against the middle of the back balloon. Toned to bring out the shadows.

Taking the balloon for a walk.
 More contrasts. Close balloon, nearby crown crew, crew by truck, Molina building and balloons behind. five or six levels and all have activity and clarity.

Purple Twilight.
Again. Balloons are great to get right up to and make them feel like they are in your face. It is how it is when you are really there on the field with them. I love pennants, but don't have any on my balloon. 

And my links I found interesting today.

Signs. Most are fine but in a stack they can get confusing. Wen in Europe they are confusing. Glad we have GPS now and as long as you use them with caution its all good..


The price is far too steep to me but if you are thinking the zombie apocalypse is coming you might want to get in on this.


I am not sure this is as good as just leaving it dark. I feel like I would be waiting for the burn to come from…


More nuke stuff. There has to be an easy and neutral way to remove or breakdown radiation poisoning.


As I said before.. Go Get U Some!