Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Too fast or too slow

When is it time to go fast and when is it time to go slow? I seem to need a small voice to say... okay.. slow down and think this one through before you move. Then there is a need for me to move faster but there is no way to do that. Maybe its just flat out frustration that I am dealing with. Things I need to know I don't have time ( read, minute to minute quiet time ) without interruption to read. Nor is there the ability to test and try out the process because everything is LIVE and you cant screw with it. Its a Catch 22. I don't like it and I am not the only one. Then there's the part about waiting for outside input or answers. You can grow old waiting for that. It must be frustration. OK.. I will keep repeating to myself.. do what you can and don't sweat what you cant. Hmmm.... I have to make a sign to put on my cube wall.

I did get in and stitch my sensor down on my envelope. It was crazy that I can never remember what gore the sensor is on.. yeah. 12! So it was in a super hot trailer where I sewed it down. All it does is stop it from dangling into the envelope. It just likes doing that now and I don't know why. I have to check it this weekend to make sure its working. Did you know I have a hole in my envelope? Besides the Crown and two turning vents... Yep. Check it out.

This is the port for the RF sensor to enter into the envelope and down that sleeve. It keeps slipping farther into the sleeve...sigh


This is the RF send unit. The turtle. Its velcro strapped to the outside of the envelope with a thick piece of fabric between it and the envelope and also has the strap go up and under the housing to keep it further away from the heat on the skin of the balloon.


And the awesome crown ring. This is where all the load tapes ( black strapping ) attaches at the top. It has a cool bronze gold color. The white string is an innovation and attaches the crown fabric to the ring so you can pull the crown back up. A very nice thing.
 
Lots and lots of stitches to keep everything together.

At last I was able to get the envelope back in the envelope bag.. Its all a mess of ropes and lines and fabric. Definitely going to have to pull it out this weekend and get it back to ship shape.. or boon shape. Then I locked my keys in the trailer! Yay me! Most excellent! Jumping into action I try to cut the lock.. no joy.. okay.... lets drill it out... great.. that works.. little bits of lock everywhere... and its open! Cool! Oh.. the spare key is in the house all the time.... yayme.

Ahhh.... so much for that. I am done... came in.. cleaned up and because I could I did some not so normal polar edits on non polar things... again.. because I bloomin well can!

I like this one because of the people and the total jamming of things in the shot.


The lamps on this one are cool. Both shots are on Central.


Road-wize. I could clean this up some more but its just a test to see if it works.


Alien Observations. Yep. Love the balloon polars. Its a load of fun. Don't care. Love the Dandelion center.


Yeah that was A-OK!

Now off to do some more wide edits.. Oh! I wanted to post one more for you to try and figure out what it is...

 Guess...... and off to link some links.

Evernote.. I'm using it but not nearly as much as it could be used or as fully as it could be used.. too tired.. but an update.


I don't have an accent!! And I never ever use local slang.. ever.. Yup!


Beautiful knife! Gorgeous! Granted I am not allowed to have anything sharp.. but wow... Oh.. and NO.. 500 dollars?


Pana po'o


Have a good eve.