Monday, September 9, 2013

Corner pocket fade

I found out about my little irritation yesterday. Well big irritation. But at least I found out about it.

Yesterday while processing the early morning shots I found that the corners of my zoom shots were darkened. Also that there were visible graduated lines on some of the shots.

As I was reading this evening from this excellent website....below

http://www.kenrockwell.com/index.htm

and after doing a quick search I found that this is normal at certain light levels. You can either go manual and adjust or use less zoom. Not a problem as much as a light situation. This makes me feel better. The same thing with the graduations. Such low light levels and the JPG just gets chunky. Whew!

I also found out there were more lenses out there that go up to 300mm from 18mm. Nice that. Sadly I want to in the future sell both of my D300s and lenses and buy a D600. So no buying more lenses. I have to sell these first. Amazon here I go.

If you know anyone looking for an upgrade and at much less than they can buy at the camera store.. let em know. I have an 18-200mm vr and a 10.5 fisheye.  I will do this in this order. D300 body, 10.5 fisheye ( even though I love this lens ), D300 body and last 18-200mm lens. Plus extra batteries ( one for each ) and SD chips ( 16 gig each ). That aint bad. But until then these cameras work great for me. Just thinking of the future.

Here are some fun shots from the weekend that I blasted through the polar edit.

Sunrise Angel all alone with the radio towers off to the right.


Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta Park with the AAAA Pilots launching.


Heading out and Down South in search of the missing X.


A favorite shot of mine. A different selection and a different type bunching. Nice and crazy.


That's about the best of the few shots I got while flying ( really ) off the field myself. Its pretty hard to hold a DSLR and fly at the same time. At the height we were over the field if you delay a burn because your taking a picture...ooopsie, your gonna hit the ground. I flew first and shot second or third. There ya go.

Ken Rockwells link to the D300 review. The worlds best amature camera. Pro just costs more.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d300.htm

Wooo.. EPIC!! No footprint.

http://lifehacker.com/epic-privacy-browser-blocks-tracking-ads-and-more-1278427701

I never knew.... Oh.. lets build in a marsh.. why does this sound familiar?

http://gizmodo.com/this-colossal-dam-keeps-russias-capital-city-above-wat-1184785440

As much as I would love to shoot this place I think I would freak the heck out without four people there just to make sure I didn't step into anything or just disappear.

http://www.neatorama.com/2013/09/09/The-New-York-City-Farm-Colony/#!iEPou

Its not that I don't want to leave the house as much as when I get there I do not want to be bothered. This is especially important when I get home after a long day at work! I am going to remove my door bell and cover the lights on the front door. That plus a No Trespassing / Go Away sign on the front gate should do it. My friends and family know to call and come in the garage. Hah!

http://gizmodo.com/order-everything-from-the-internet-and-never-leave-your-1252731865

Gotta go find some documents and important files.. right after I have some oreos... yeah.. the 1.82% "double" lying stuff type. What a lawsuit!