Sunday, September 1, 2013

Labor Day weekend work

Yes, I spent Sunday morning finishing up the Cloudbouncer Edit. About a total of 6 hours of work. Between processing shots and compressing them to collecting all the information necessary for each section then compiling it and lining it up. After that its content and position, verification of information and then positioning again. Last is putting the separate sections together. Between the requests for posting and where it should go to correcting errors it goes to about 6 to 10 solid hours of work. Is it worth it? Yes, when I am done I get a good feeling. Does it look good? I hope so. Does the CB need updating as to the way its compiled.. you bet. But that takes time and time is in short supply. I am working on it though. I have a possible front page set up done. Normally the CB has to be a size divisible by 4. This month and last month there are 28 pages. I would rather it be 24 pages but with the amount of information and the size of some of the ads as well as readability... 28 is about average. Now it is off to have a two or three person overview to see if I missed something or any dates of other minute adjustment is needed. Hopefully not and it can be shoved out on Tuesday. We shall see. ( Addendum. It has cleared the President YAY! )

Since there was no flying at the last AAAA meet in Rio Rancho I had to grab pictures from older meets. I just edited them for a different view. I did get some pictures from the Picnic so that was nice. Yay.. and Whew!

Here are some of the shots I am going to play with this afternoon...








Some varied and interesting pictures. All have already been tone mapped. Next is to see if its worthy of a wide angle edit or a polar edit. Off to do that after lunch.

Links.

Hah! Pretty good costumes at this convention parade. My brother and sister in law were there. Not too bad.

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/cars-of-the-dragoncon-parade-photo-dump-1234991268

Now this will make you scratch your head. Completely funny though in the "what were you thinking" area.

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/18-weird-and-crazy-construction-fails-that-will-leave-you-puzzled

And since Hollywood noir has been brought to my attention and there are so many quirky corners to the place... here is another.

http://www.neatorama.com/2013/08/31/The-Stairways-to-the-Stars/#!h5kLd

Last and just interesting... interesting like.. HUH?!

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/30-bizarre-yet-real-gadgets-accessories-from-the-skymall-catalog

Ahh.... nice weekend!