Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Stories

Yesterday I was talking about a story that happened while I was in the military and stationed in Italy. It was rather funny. I thought I would pass it along. Not!

And since I think it might be a bad idea to regale you with it here now.. Well... I deleted it... dang. It was a long story and tough to write. But better to not put it here.

Sorry.. ask me about it and I will tell you in a censored way.

Since I just got off work and missed the AAAA General meeting I might as well post some pictures of the base.

These are not my pictures but from people who were stationed there also. I have some but not in the system.

Main entrence to the station. No runway. Elephant cage behind.

FLR 9 antenna ( elephant cage directional antenna ).

The compound in the background with the two arched roofs. The PMEL ( calibration service ) building is in the front.

Back of the sign going off station. As there were few ways to get down to the local towns there was a sign with the names of the towns on the other side. As the instruction state.. point at the place you want to go and if anyone passing was going there they would pick you up and take you with them.

Yeah! I spent two and a half years there. That was one year longer than the normal remote tour. I watched people come and go. It was at the time very depressing. I did get to go back to the States for another school and to England for a school there at the GCHQ.. the old one not the space ship looking one it is now... There is another funny story ( not at the time ) there too.
Get you some!

And some links for you also.

Chicago fire.. and expansion... most interesting.


We have fire ants where I live. They come in from time to time and they hurt like crazy when they bite you. Why do they come in? They never say, but they do love electricity.


Since I have little space I already do this but I use industrial strength velcro.. it much better than screwing stuff into tables and when you want it off a razor blade and some cleaner works great.


And if I had the money as a single person I owould have built one of these too! its cool.


Night!