Saturday, August 24, 2013

Day two of the Bubonicon and Friends.

We went back to the Bubonicon again today to visit with new/old friends. Sat and chatted for a while... visited the Con room got some snacks.. went and listened to Tim Powers speak about writing for his allotted 55 minutes.. He is very articulate and completely approachable and open about how he writes and researches as well as answering questions from the audience of which had a few other Authors asking questions again ( poorly written. See! ). I guess I can sum up his comments and his style as Vibrant. Full of Life. We ran off and got some food then stopped in at the end of the book signing to say goodbye. Good friends. Now we are home ... dogs fed... decompressing.. lots to think about and many avenues of interest which we shared to go research more. Most interesting.

I do wish I could write.. Ideas I have... ability... Zero! Plus I've got editing to do and I have yet to start that. Tomorrow, tomorrow. Time time time.. but I would not have traded any moment of the last two days. I wished I could have gotten out ballooning but getting home at 1045 last night with so much fun... how do you shut your mind off? I didn't fall asleep till 1 am. Today was as nice and fun. But I am wiped out. I don't know how the Authors and their Wives deal with the 3 days of chatter and people and and... strange people in weird costumes... and then there were the people dressed up like cartoon characters. First Convention done... though we are not able to go tomorrow.. missing out on a tea with the Authors.. Again.. I dont know if I could deal with that much "Face Time" which all the Authors have to do. No I know I couldn't. More power to you... and you know who I mean.

Here are a few shots from the show... No .. I did not take any pictures of the characters....

Panel on Sci Fi and Fantasy...









It was pretty interesting in a hold it at arms length and squint.... except the certain people who made my millennium. LOL.

I do think I need to look into printing some of my abstract pictures and showing them in the art portion of the cons going on.... As I said yesterday.. there was some very very good art and jewelry and then there was some very bad.. or non art... of which I have little to say as its all negative and I don't want to be hunted down..hahahhahaha... inside joke about Amazon and reviews. For what was selling at the art show/auction and at the most interesting prices.. well... thoughts....

Okay.. some links.... Yeah...

This is the Tim Powers website.. if you have not read one of his books.... your life is not complete.

http://www.theworksoftimpowers.com/

and they are not out of control.. no.. wheres the outrage?

http://gizmodo.com/surprise-nsa-agents-use-all-seeing-power-to-spy-on-the-1193464964

And for you Youtube lovers.... here is a cool cut out...

http://lifehacker.com/preload-entire-youtube-videos-by-disabling-dash-playbac-1186454034

We were talking about this today at the con... and yeah... the window on insanity...

http://www.neatorama.com/2013/08/24/Reality-and-Mental-Illness-are-Starting-to-Converge/

Have a good time with those.. the first one... worth every moment you spend there.