Thursday, August 1, 2013

More points to view from?! Sure.. why not

Positions!!! Positions people....

You know how hard it is to get a camera guy to hang from the edge of your  balloon envelope throat? Well ya cant! Not for scale anyways.... always with the stuntmen.... Sheesh!

Some say I am giving away all my secrets but I dont have any.... my mouth refuses to let me..LOL

Here are some more shots from my videos showing what each place to put a camera looks like and how.

This was one of my first tries with filming my flights. This is a contour 720 cam strapped directly to the upright cover. Unfortunately the view in the basket is totally missing and the camera is angled. Also note the out of focus left side... that is the contour... its lens sucked. This is the last place to put a cam as the passenger will invariably grab the upright and jiggle the camera all over.... Was a great day and the video can be seen here.

http://invisibleblack.zenfolio.com/p715442282/h17f14bc9#h17f14bc9


Attaching the camera.. again the Contour 720/1080 to a down line right at the throat gives a great look. Its somewhat freaky and you have no choice once the balloons inflated if the camera feels like moving around on the line. Since I moved to the GoPro I have yet to find a cable clamp to mount it here.

Pretty interesting point of view... perhaps I should have flipped the shot... 

I think it would be worth trying again....

This is a forward shot using the fixed arm. I had two cameras on.. one pointing forward and one backwards. This is just the forward view. Works good when the clamp doesn't slip... 

Here is a set of three shots from a video I spliced together. Very hard to do. You will see the first shot looks fine... the second is starting to slip and the third its slipped a lot.


The splice isn't perfect because I wanted some down angle on the view..


Here you see some slippage.. the horizon is going all V.

And then just before landing in the entry way to Costco..


Still pretty cool but would have been much more awesome if it had stayed put! Still working on the problem with suggestions coming in from friends.

So there you go... I do have some other places to place the camera and I have a few others  I want to try....

But many things to do and little time to get out flying. And Fiesta is on its way.

Here are some interesting links..

For my skateboarding friend....

http://www.neatorama.com/2013/08/01/Bob-Burnquists-Dreamland/

Good read... Pick up the book "Escape from Colditz" for a very good collection of stories

http://gizmodo.com/the-astonishing-tale-of-nazi-prisoners-a-smuggled-came-988296822

And you thought you had high prices... yeesh!

http://gizmodo.com/10-astronomically-expensive-apartments-in-the-worlds-p-978324429

I found this also interesting.... now for the time...

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-fix-11-of-the-most-common-household-appliance-pr-987351470