Thursday, July 30, 2015

Windows 10 and you. Keeping it all clean.

Remember that windows has been everywhere... its touched everything. Never go in unprotected! Staying safe is staying clean. Staying clean protects your family. Stop that!


This is probably the first iteration ( love the word ) that I have not worried much about a cratered system. it was touch and go there for a sec on the Surface 2.

Given the announcement on my surface 3 at work I figured it would be a long and frustrating process.

It wasn't.






I didnt sit back and relax on the office surface ass there was other things going on including next years budget request and some housekeeping. I rather liked that it all went well without me sitting there fretting. I expect that if you have a lot more stuff on your drive to process ( games, programs ) that it will take a little longer. My home surface hung a bit and had to be three fingered to bring it back. it was just stuck. Rebooting from that standard task manager screen was okay. Then had a bit of flake with a video process but another reboot cleared that up. I have a more complicated setup at home then at work... No problem.. on the home one I did sit back and let the dog sit on my head while I waited for it to finish... she had to get down when she licked me. Yuck.


Snarky dog.... She was just biding time with me until someone came home and fed her. Notice that she is laying on the bed while I am sitting on the floor.... Yep.. pecking order..

Well it all went nicely and I am typing this blog up on it now. My pickups from an hour of working with it.

1. Love the no border windows.

2. Direct access to the power button.

3. Clean and crisp start menu ( which I have yet to set up on this PC / Its there I just want to adjust it now )

4. Nice icons... I think I can get away with removing the task bar.

5.  Most used programs on the start menu right where they do the best....

Many more but you should check it out yourself. I am very happy with it... I love that I can still make it mine. I do have to play with the cross syncing. It was surprisingly straight forward and crisp in its process.

Two more computers to upgrade but that can wait till this weekend.

Facebook banner for the day...


Little Ole Patturns Highperactive... drifting along...


And off I go to tweak my tiles.... keep it clean out there....