Saturday, July 11, 2015

Damp Days

Saturdays come and Saturdays go... this one wasnt too bad by far. Got out early and pulled mint. Cleared most but around a pancake cactus that has far too many pointy things to get clear. Found a spider that went to hiding so i didnt mess with it.. and a bunch of rolly pollies that are did a blitzkrieg and ran off... not very clear if they knew it was a route but they were off... some stupid fire ants that caused me to close the show right then and there. Two got me on the leg and I was nowhere near them with that leg. I think they can fly and don't tell anyone.


We did get to Sadie's and had a very good lunch of stuffed sopaipillas and tasty chips.... red and green today. Only ate about 1/3 rd. Way too much food but now .. lunch for tomorrow of Monday.. maybe monday.... yeah... It was a quick run down to 4th street.

After the mint pulling which I new see is going to take a weed burner to clear... I have one.. I just have to see if I have propane in a tank I can carry about.. But I believe I can burn the roots and tendrils off but that's going to wait till next week. I was waiting after the clearing for my package to arrive. Since I was going too quick I missed that I sent it to work instead. So as soon as it reported it was in I ran across town to get it. It was a camera harness. Its very slick. When I have time I will remove all the straps and stuff but they are on it now. One cam on each side with a very good cross shoulder strap and the short straps for the cams allow them full motion to my face and back down to my side. On the way back I picked up the new Pumpin Housin. after we got back from Sadie's I drilled the top out. Fun. Shots of it all below.

Top of the waterfall cleared. Spider house is the top rock.

Rainbow Ryder blossom in my pond.

Right side up

Another storm coming. Spotty rain. Wonder what that means for ballooning in the morning.


Pumpin Housin before the drill.


Old Pumpin Housin. See the holes.. and then below it is mesh and then filter pad of about 2 inches then rock and the pump. Its old and weak .. thats why it looks sucked in.


Lilys were everywhere.. most had closed up now before the rain.


Lots and lots of fishes. Mostly charcoal colored now. They will change as they get bigger. A few tigers in there. THey all ahve to leave until I get this mess turned over.


Massive fire ant swarm on the edge of the patio. THey know the water is coming. I didn't spray them down since I want to get the queen before wiping out the workers. Very dangerous.


Drilled Housing. Waiting for rock, filter and pump. Tomorrow I think.

Thats about it for today. I did charge up the cameras and test their wifi.. which I wont use since I expect it to wipe out the batter quickly.Nothing is packed yet but soon....

Facebook banner and logo today....


Its getting closer!



What did you get up to today?