Sunday, July 26, 2015

Fish and chips.

Not really.. Just looked back at my visits to this blog and for some reason the most visits are when I put a food in the title.. This is a test. If you clicked on this blog due to the title being a food please leave me a note as to why you are hungry.

And I like Fish and Chips... real not simulated.... There must be the country of England around them then the newspaper... its just not the same if you are missing those two items.

Way off track on that....

I said I was going to clean up  my balloon system or weed the front yard if I wasn't in a fetal ball this morning... No.. I was rolled up but did crawl out in the heat of the day, put up the awning as my garage it too full of other peoples junk to clean it there.


Okay...I got half of it done before I started to get lightheaded and pukey. The basket is washed, wiped and conditioned. The tanks have been wiped down and cleaned. The burner and upright covers are in the house waiting until I get some more stainless steel polish.

Shots I promised....

Above is in fact my colored wicker right after washing. Nice huh.

Lovely solid wood floor just washed down. you would not believe how much dust and dirt and stuff gets stuck in the edges of the wicker. Its a slosh and wash and let it wash out the two holes in the bottom. THen wipe down with a nice towel.


Wicker Slicker... TM Pat Pending..registered trademark.... If you saw the full pad you would see the damage from the ground and such that is etched into this leather cover. Id have broken wicker and shaved wicker and shredded leather if it was not for this. Right now its cleaned and off the basket until everything drys out completely and has a bit of air. I will build these but they are expensive. If you see the leather thongs down the edge that is what secures it to the side. The will break away before the wicker if it gets caught on anything ( never happened ). Its usually tight up against the wicker side.

Droplets on the plastic sheathing of on up line. Nice and fresh. After everything gets washed down everything gets dried. Every line, every connector, every thing.

Lindstrand free upgraded leather bolster. Two rounds of conditioner... First wash and wipe.. second work in Wheelers natural beeswax conditioner....wait..wipe.. reapply.. wipe again... shiny and supple and smells amazing. The reflected blue is of the awning. You can only get Wheelers from England. It takes about two months to get in and about 24 dollars for 300 ml. I have to remember to order more when its half done. I used about a half inch today. still have to do the upright covers.

Dry floor.. see the weep hole in the upper middle right.. but the bolt head? That is one of two weep holes in the floor. I have two HOLES IN MY FLOOR!!! Heh. The red pad on the wall is to keep your knees and body safe from the wicker if he were to hit hard on landing. Both side...and they are wonderful and have leather along the foot step you see that is also conditioned..as well as the real foot step leather outside... Cant scrimp on cleaning and conditioning.

Everything else but the kitchen sink.. No.. really the burners.. which at this time were already in the house. Envelope bag to the left. Pole and upright covers in the long bag in the back... Drop line in blue bag on the envelope bag... Three tanks.. two in front Lindstrand 15 gal.s with a 10 gallon in the back.. my POM tank. Everything except the envelope bag got cleaned ( except the pole bag which is inside too now.

Look down on those nice and shiny clean tanks. Qucik Shut Off orange/red handles ( QSO ) Fuel meter in the middle. This type tank only shows when you are down to 40% or so ( 45% ish ). Waterbed heater digital display ( I heat my tanks in winter with these as they are very accurate ) Cool cap on the tank line attachment. Spit valve at the bottom. I love the big rubber covers on the top ring and I really love the openness which makes it very easy to get in there and attach or open things.... And Shiny!


Spit valve. When you refuel you open this to let out the gasses inside so that you can fill it with liquid propane. When the liquid propane spits out that little hole in the side you know you are full. You twist the little knob on the top to shut it off. Very dangerous so we always wear thick loose gloves.

Closeup QSO! Nice and thick and grabby. Another think I love with Lindstrand.. The very strength and impact of their parts and pieces. Very  ( I'm looking for the right word here ) heavily functional. You just feel it when you touch it... Damn Fine Designs! dangit.. ill think of the work later I expect.

Reloaded into the trailer. She will stay empty until I am ready to put it all back together. I want to remove the white Mylar runners you see at the bottom of the floor and install a truck bed liner bottom to the trailer floor so the basket can slide nicely without causing a tripping hazard from me and the crew. I also have to add another padded rail to the left side as cinching the basket to the wall is causing the basket to be flexed. I don't like that. I also have more trailer work to do too.

Upright bag in the house.. waiting until I have time and strength to clean and condition the covers. Its a sit on the floor with newspaper out kinda job.

Burner bag. Leaning up against a bin..not the wall.... They also have to be cleaned and they will take a long time to do. I can disassemble them as I would love to do but the outside will get polished up and the bag itself will get wiped down inside.
I will get some pictures of the burner and covers when they are done. It is going to take a bit though.

See how in all those pictures they nicely match the drawing I did... I really like that. Like a Brick is what the word was. That's how the parts and pieces are.... Solid! Yeah.. my brain is done.

After 50 almost 3 years the brain is breaking down. I wonder why. Eyesight's shot as well.

Facebook banner and logo to go...

Find the number..... It was tough to decide where to hide it today. These are the mounted Police that patrol Fiesta. Awesome people and animals.


view of The Crew as we fly away. Packing quickly so they can follow and catch us at the other end of wherever we land.

Now to fall on the floor.... Nibbling a brisket sammich... hope it stays down.

No vinegar though...