Monday, July 27, 2015

Nacho's!

No.. really it was hamburgers with fresh lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and BACON! Not too bad.

A straight forward day today... I even stopped to get stainless steel cleaner polish and brasso...and the above fresh stuff.


That weep hole in my floor of which is one of two.... Nice grain in that there floor. Too bad its hidden with the soft foam padding.. Oh... I forgot to show that one last night. Since I am too tired to polish anything tonight I just clipped out some shots from yesterday that I didn't show... Maybe later I will condition my leather uprights but .. well... maybe... I am really tired.

Floor pad in its cover ( note the velcro edging ) The indentation is from the tanks. They have been pressing down on that spot for quite a while. Now its resting in the trailer and should be reshaping. I need to see if I can get some dense foam to make seating pad for the tanks so they don't cause such a depression.

Calm Wicker Repose. What a life! Just nice and clean and sitting there in the shade. I bought two furniture rollers this weekend so that I don't drag the basket on the cement. Its just easier to move this way. Little leather thongs are for the wicker slicker.


Manifold... with nice caps and covers for the ends. Nifty little tied on black caps are very cool. This is an add on item so that you can connect two tanks together and not have to re-position lines in the air. With the 10 gallon POM tank It makes for easier flights.


Upright cup. Lindstrand makes these cool cups of leather that make the interface between the upper bolster and upright covers look seamless. Nice and keeping junk out of the pole tube there. The poles that keep the burner frame off your head slot into these and the bottom of the burner frame. Pictures to come of that. Braided line goes down and under the basket and to the other side.


On Carabiner to bind them, in the basket find them..... This is the end of the braided cable that has a nice carabiner on it that attached to loops in the burner frame that connects to the envelope. Clean.. wiped down and hanging loose at the moment.


Drop line in pouch. 150 foot of safety line. In case you get becalmed over a place or building or such and cant get away from it you can drop this line and be towed nicely by your crew. Still as bright as when I got it. I have used it once to be towed. I used it and a crew member to pivot me. It worked like a charm. I usually have it about three feet out and ready to be attached to the burner frame. It needs to be wiped down again as it didnt come clean the time I used it.


Gratuitous tank guage. Gotta love those numbers. All fueled up and ready to go. Clean and bright... It will last all of five minutes as soon as we hit the mesa... dust everywhere gets EVERYWHERE! Yay!

Just a couple....of my favorite things...

I cant wait till Fiesta to lay out the envelope and roll it around and get the dust off of her. Nice green long grass..just have to be careful doing it. I just may have to look into a tarp... if it was a yellow tarp.

Maybe one that said CAUTION in big black letters. Hahahahaha



That would be fun facebook banner and logo for the day adage to the above shots.... I made it easy today to find the number as yesterdays was right on the edge of pulling your hairs out.

 Outside view of where the drop line is secured to.

Inside view of where the pilot gear bag is secured to.

I am glad to have it almost cleaned. I "almost" had time to stop and get that bed liner I am going to use for the trailer.. but I stopped for dinner fixings instead...There ya go..