Monday, July 6, 2015

It was a good enough Monday

Not that the night before it was any great shakes..it wasn't.... It sucked. But the day itself was relitivly okay. Oh don't get me wrong.. the commute was a mothers sister again. On the way there it was normal spastic but on the way back.....one cool guy was texting so much that the light turned green and he was still sitting there after the three cars he was behind left... a good application of the horn caused him to continue to text. Super jerk. Then.. the other awesome in their own right ( okay center ) lane who decided to wait until I was within a car length at 40 mph to pull out in front of me... again my Italian kicked in and I blasted the horn so loud and so long they jerked back into the center median area they were illegally in and not into the side of my truck. Its stunning how these people are not dead somewhere.

Ugh!


One of the other fun things around here is that most of the water run off routes are cemented over into what we lovingly call Arroyos... They are huge and deep and when we have heavy rains in the mountains can run as high as the surrounding ground... that is very freaking high.. and people go play in them and get washed away and killed.. wow.. we are talking darwin award winners here. So many for such a wonderful place. I love this city and State.. its mostly the seriously inept that cause such problems. I am not fond of the school system but that's a whole other story that I dont have the space here to post.... so lets move on shall we... passing on the left the other idiots and onto the next exhibit.

I intended to get some pictures of something cool and new and fresh.. but there was not a darn thing that I felt was good enough to get off the road.. get out of the cool vehicle and take pictures of. I should have taken pictures of the idiots on the road.. that would have been worth it.

Nevermind...

I did get out of work on time... walked out to the truck and stood there looking at the big sky to the west. Its pretty impressive but you can never get the whole view into the picture and if you did it would be so big it would never fit here.. but here is a bit of it..


So very very big... It only got to around 97 on the way home so not too bad on that front either. I stand here a lot. Or a few feet to the right.... but here abouts..... Its a great vantage point.

So without pictures to show or information to share I was doing what I was supposed to do and recompiling files so I can get on with some publication editing I am supposed to be doing. Its back to normal now.. files found.. files backed up again. I dug through the balloon shots and edited some to fit a nice close up look I was going for. Now this is another view I am going to have to do .. close close ups. A couple I stole from this weekend are below cause I had to do SOMETHING! but more will be used soon and I will show come more..... then.. or later... or.. when my reality says I can.. should... will do....

N

U

M

BERS.... tail numbers are different everywhere and in every country. The US versions are normally small... England.. they are pretty big. the last shot shows the dust that envelopes pick up.. Black balloons are beautiful till they get here and collect dust. One of my balloons has a lot of black in it and its dusty too. Sadly.

Oh well... More of these closeups coming... Too bad these cant expand much.... That's why I have to stare getting closer shots.. so they can be... cause they are very nicely abstracted.

Oh well... Facebook banner and logo for the day below... Ill explain....but its a problem here as I said above...

Fugitive Dust!
 Around here dust is bad at times... and dust abatement is a requirement. Its been bad enough to cause pile ups on the highway between Grants and Gallup... so it can be bad.

Good timing. Enjoy!