Thursday, July 2, 2015

Exhaust and Pain

I have a torn thumb skin! I got a blister raking the crap out of the zen garden within an hour of starting. So much fun! You have to rake out the weeds that blew in and the little white rocks that are the base then keep raking it until all the weed bits rise to the top then shovel them off. It took forever but its nice and clean out there. Even the white fencing is back up to keep the dogs out. More on that later... What was going on just a bit ago was the looking for balloons in the river pictures for a advertisement. So digging through the pictures from last year I went....


Running across this wild bunch shot. Hopefully they will be all out to join the fun this year! THis was after a rocking flight that ended in a very nice park next to the Smokey Bear balloon... Not that that was the intention.. He was just there. It was a good Fiesta... Hoping the next is as awesome.

Back to the pain and exhaustion... Yeah.. had to get up as early as I do for a regular work day and get outside before the sun came up too far and the ants came out to bite. I did the first but the second was a bugger.. hah.... bugger.. they were out and chewing already... Must have been the incoming rain they knew was coming. My plan to clear out the shed first, clip some of the yard second, Move parts third and dump stuff fourth, spray weeds fifth and clean the zen garden sixth.. changed.. I did the zen garden first followed by part of the choya cut down and mint removal and stupid tree branch then went to the shed and junk to dump and back.. no weed spraying because I was totally done by then.... and good thing I didn't as it rained and would have washed it all away anyways. So I'll just sit here and whine about the sore limbs.. fingers, head and side.. cause I can.

About the only thing about the above is that tomorrow i can forego almost all the outside stuff... I have to try and cut down more of the choya but then I can get inside and hide from the ants. What's left is the garage rotation.... hmm... then we balloon on Saturday... Sunday we are probably going to do a big basket washing party.. heh.. three baskets... get them washed up and cleaned up...

Other things happening is that we are trying to get Kiss A Hoy back up in the air officially. Patturns In The Sky has gone to pasture and good friends who own a balloon repair business are separating the parts that can go on to have another life off. I will get the envelope back and the crown ring... which I will display proudly. Since the soul of Patturns In The Sky moved onto Patturns Highperactive I feel that she's got a new wilder life goin. Its a wild ride. I will speak more of the awesome guys doing the hard work on PITS and getting KAH ready to be recertified then STC'd to fly over a Cameron basket. Its rockin!

Here are some of the shots I stumbled over while looking for the river shots...

 PITAS KISS over flys.
 A couple of look downs. Balloon tops are fun to see. Rarely does anyone show love for them.

Patturns crosses over.
 The levels of wind direction are varied and thin. Just above the top I was going Southwest while this guy went below me to the right.

Counting Stitches.
 This guy loved my basket a lot. He kept coming up at me over and over even though he knew I was there and couldn't move. We at last bounced high..screwed out access to the river and moved away so he could move into the space we were in. No biggie. He has right of way.

 Wide Wide Rio Grande.

Upsidedown and low.
 An unusual way to be going into the river.

The baby bee dissing.
We both came in at the same time and Michel was playing around same as we were.

Tiny river runners..
A tilt shift of the river runners. Pretty fun manipulation that makes them look like toys.

The winds kind of zig zag across the river as it zig zags and they don't quite mesh up so it is a fun exercise trying to gauge your entry into it. Second to the fun dipping into the river is tree topping. I have a video that show this.. Let me find the link...

A nice amazing flight with friends.... tree hopping.. tree topping.. following the tops of the trees...


And the follow on in the river.. such a fantastic day it was... This next one is the full video at super speed. You can see the trees going by.


Yup.. I will post them back to facebook too...

Here is my facebook banner and logo for the day.. weeeeeee....

Over reflective.

Upwards and lined.

To rest.. off to rest!