Sunday, July 19, 2015

Morning Sludge

Yeah. I got the stupid filter done. It was an extremely disgusting job.


I'm still questioning the continuation of this blog. Or just going off the grid with it.

Below are pictures of the filter change. It was back breaking work and one I would rather not have to do again myself. I saved somewhere in the area of 250 dollars doing it myself and cleaning up the pond itself, though there is much to do. No assistance from anyone.

Waterfall running but not much. Pump and filter are cloggy.

 Pump filter box up and out. Full of rocks and water as well as the pump. Very heavy. To get it out you have to disconnect the tube, move it out from under the rock and up onto the bridge. I am feeling every part of my back in pain. Not that anyone cares. ( Big Bang Theory line.)

 Pump out and half cleaned. This pump is a goer. I think its been running for fifteen years to filter and oxygenate the water here.

 Old box with filter washed a bit and pump out. New fresh rock washed and ready for the new box.


New filter pad and filter box with pump resting on a bed of rock. This box is deeper than the original. I may have to do something about that but keeping the pond at the right level is fine.

Mesh to keep it all in place is in. Its seem better days and I will replace it when I can find some more.....also when the pump comes out of this pond for the last time in a few months.

Pump in, rock to top, filter pad on, top on, band secured and in place. Filling pond up.


Pump pumping a good lot of water out. It might be close to time to replace this pump as its not pushing as much as it used to. Its a good set up and the waterfall is on the far end and the pump is on this end. Good flow.. good filtering.


Cup of coffee I made myself. I think its my second. Washed everything up, removed the old filter to the side of the yard until it drys out enough for me to chuck it into the trash. I was going to lay out some ant nest killer but it was too wet and now we are having more rain so it was smart not to.

Below are some of the shots I took after while waiting for the water to come up high enough.






Tomorrow, hopefully the water should be very clear and maybe all the fish will be out. Gratuitous cactus shot.

Facebook banner and logo for the day...even though I feel like bagging it all..Ive come too far to back out of it now... but I think I will never do this again.


Done.

Maybe tomorrow or some day this week it wont rain and I can spray weed killer all over the damned weeds and then lay out ant killer. Not that Ill get any help doing that either. Heh!