Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Slammed!

What I like is it only took three days to get the darned video to process completely. I dont know what or why but it seemed to be stuck on the thumbnail. Now its online.. not quite what I wanted it to do. The music is okay but not set correctly... Sigh. I just wanted it done in the end so I just let it go.. next one should be kinda better.


But in some case we will allow some whining. Since I do it a lot. Hah!

One cool thing today. I got in these cheap little wall connected Lan thingies... They send the network signal through your home wiring to connect your computers to your router. I had looked at them about a year ago but they had so many problems keeping a firm connection that I dismissed them out of hand... Now though they said that they would leap links in your breaker box and allow for better connectivity.. I had to try it....  Since I could return them to Amazon easily I ordered them. Two to a package. One for the wall plug behind the router and one behind my computer. Getting them to pair up was not anything major either. Push a button or buttons on the front and done. I ran a speed test right after they linked and I got almost 50 meg down and 10 up... awesome! So I went ahead and connected a switch up and split the signal to two computers and ran the speed test again. It dropped to 40 meg and 8 meg up.. woooo... nice... very quick responses now! No wireless shuddering. THe name is....  

TP-LINK TL-PA4010KIT AV500 Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit, up to 500Mbps


You can buy extra units and run the pair to another and another and another... which is pretty darned cool. Nifty stuff. I am running this on it now and there is no slight lag at all. Websites that were frustrating with their bad loading and now.. its instant or super fast. Well there ya go.. If you have been running wireless and and lagging along this is a cure.

Onto the ballooning thing... its such a minor thing really but I have to update my trailer logos and get some magnets made.. soon.. very soon.. and have been mulling the design and not settling on a damn thing.. but now I thing I have an idea...

I wanted to make up a logo that display all three envelope I have owned.. two of which are or will be flying soon.... one is dead but still part of the family so not going to stop waiving it around. No I will not make a tarp out of it either... What I came up with...

Just like a standard hazardous trucking label. but with the main colors of my balloons.. Kiss A Hoy do have all three colors too....
Marked out and outlined.... Cool designs... Propane sineage... 
 Added all the tail numbers and highlighted them.. which is a slight pain in the butt but done...

THen in each of the three top squares will have a picture of the balloon....


Gotta get that step done.. and I have to work from pictures and wire frame them then color them in because any other way it looks bad. Lots to do yet and other things to do are of higher import... fun.

My facebook banner today and logo for the day... a play on old time communications and broken screens and some fallout thrown in..



Morse code.. did you look it up on google like SOME people I know.. LOL... Yes.. There are even conventions to the spaces between letters and numbers.

 Fallout guy in my balloon colors and N number... it was fun.

And a treat... a few shots of crowns. Hard to get a good shot as you pass above as you are trying to clear the area so they can fly... one ... crown reseat.. very cool...

Smily and solids.. Everyone that can has a want for something specific to their system...
 My very good friends Fantasy... cool red bullseye... looking up in this envelope is impressive. I missed him reseating his crown by seconds.. but hay.. I was flying.

Alright.. enough for the night.. I have a bunch of typing to do this weekend and maybe a flight too if the weather holds out. Maybe I can get another video done. What are you doing with your time?