Friday, February 21, 2014

Spooks

Snapping the cover closed and stuffing the useless thing back in a pocket, Off to find a safer place to gather my shredded thoughts. Angling to the right of Big Ben and the houses I should be able to find a public house or tea shop. Too bad I didn't bring a what cha ma call it…. Thingie! Oh… yeah.. probably not a global sat link yet .. Temporal marker though….. What the freaking frakin… is a temporal marker… where did that thought come from. How many breaks are there in the gray matter? Off the sidewalk and over the road again and around the green growing things. Fog is still thick but I can hear more voices. I hear slurred voices. Much better. Alright.. heading more right and up the roadway. A few shadows pass but pay me no heed. I smell bread and I smell hops… I see a cheery glow and laughter is now clearing away the fog….



Butter ripple, Butter rum, Butter cream, Butter scotch! I was remembering my childhood when I went to a English school in Bath. Newbridge. Knee socks of gray, Gray shorts and shirt and school tie. I think of gray and purple on the sinister. I'll have to ask the expert if she remembers next time we chat. Which brings me to butter scotch. At this school in 3rd year ( 4th grade us ) there would be a selection for Mother and Father of the table. They had to go to the half door to the kitchen and bring out the dishes of food for the table and dole it out to the others. I worked a deal so I could at times sit with my best friend and share the duties. Once there was ice cream and butterscotch topping for dessert. No one wanted the butter scotch…. So… yeah.. that's why I'm hyper now.. hahahaha. In 3rd year I learned Morse code and woodworking from my teacher ( Sir ) Mr. Euing. We used fountain pens with blotting paper and bound notebooks. I sat next to a Japanese girl. Carefree days.

I modified a picture last night.. or pictures. When I posted it to Facebook I liked it but as I looked at it I saw error after error. I also was coming p with the procedure on how to do it correctly. So that is what is going to be below. The two pictures and an explanation of how I muddled through it and how I can do better next time. Then a few things I did a while ago but didn't have the ability to continue with it. Enjoy laughing at my sadly spastic way of doing things. I did myself after going.. you fool you fool.. it was so easy the right way……. I have to live in this shell and hear the cat calls from the balcony and dodge the ripe tomato flung…. You don't… lucky you!


Eric's old Fantasy 90 Zephyrus Kiss..Now Paul's Ship Of Fools. Taken in 2012

Jan's / Eric's new Fantasy 90 ZK. Taken 2014

Lasso them out of their backgrounds and squeeze and flip and there you have the below. I noticed that the clouds were at the bottom of the picture so I copied them to the top.


After healing and generally screwing it up it came out like this. Nice but not perfect. SO......
 What I should have done was lasso out the balloons. Go back to the original shot and paint in the sky, then take a mirror crop of the clouds and flip it over. After that it would have been cool to get a subliminal line across the center between the two baskets. I didn't want to use a water because both balloon are flying and one is not wet. It would have looked odd. I have an idea along that but its too complicated right now.I will go back and do it correctly later.


This was a shot of a sign for a store. I really liked it a lot. I wanted to change my facebook profile picture so I took this picture, edited out the thing that it was holding and erased and filled in the words that were around it.


Then I took a picture of my own balloon and lassoed it out of its picture then painted it the same color as the spook. It was pie putting it in the picture and re-sizing it to fit between those cold bony fingers. Then add the Highperactive to it.


And since the profile pics have to fit a square I mooshed it down.It came out pretty darn good.
Totally fun...

This is a quick edit of a skateboard shop in the mall. I went in and shot a bunch of pictures and have been playing with them off and on. Here I have taken the sign and relocated it lower on the door then added a picked yellow border on each side. I will be polerizing it later and see how it works.

And.. Very interesting things on the nets today… Excellent perhaps.

Pretty darn good stuff here. Not just two though but I will be looking for their album.


Do you have rules for home and outside toilets? I do… don't talk to me. I gots business and that business is gonna get done!


The first one is just darn scary…. Very scary.


On photography and being in the right place at the right time. Good photographers are the ones who try to be there… where ever there is and are there most times not the right time. They also take as many shots as they can.


Nuff said.