Wednesday, February 12, 2014

First world problems.

Sliding slowly off the bench and acting like a damp rag I am and slowly move away from the leather on steps sounds.... towards the ticket booth on the wall. On the left side there is a small door, old, beaten and and its not....locked! Now since its not locked it has to be the noisiest door in the worlds. Grasping the dented and rusty knob..slowly...slowly... the tiniest click and it swings inward on quiet hinges.. quiet hinges!! Shhhhh... damnit! creeping forward into what looks to be the last resting place of all the old paper documents , stickers and log books of all of upper Mesopotamia... closing the door and leaning against it with my back... the shuffling comes closer..I can see a shadow in the glass above me.. a gloved hand rests in the little mouse shaped opening.... tap tap ...tap the fingers lift and drop..lift and drop..


Cant beat a day on the road. Total of 13 and a half hours. One ramp test taken ( extremely over complicated ) and ID given, A run out to the tower and meeting with techs from the FAA to figure out what is going on with a phone link. Phone link figured out and after many phones and many non working phones later its at the point it can be completed by them. Off to grab a quick bite and on the road back. A very long day. We did stop twice to shoot some quick pictures. Both of us are so cranky that we had sore backs and legs that had to be stretched after two hours. Ugh! But it was nice and the clouds and oranges and dark mountains were wonderful. Now its resting and writing. No time to play with any shots but here are some of the funnier things I have found on the nets in my travels.


Any Python fans out there...
 Remedial training.

For a friend of mine who is a Photoshop guru.
 Cracks me up!


Working with Hazardous Material Sheets all the time this was a hoot.
 No I do not personally know of any who fit this fissionable containment vessle.

Me and a friend were on things to wear to the next Fiesta.. And foolish me said pink bunny ears... I hope he forgets about it by October.
Had to draw this quickly.

Now some quick links.

This is awesome. I know someone who should be considered for this...

http://gizmodo.com/londons-brutalist-housing-blocks-just-got-a-bright-upg-1521433127

Its very sad what happens to Olympic venues after everyone has gone home and forgotten about it... sad

http://gizmodo.com/what-happens-when-your-olympic-site-turns-into-a-war-zo-1521465158

I could live in any of these though I would rather design my own. 12 x 10 or 14 by 10 is good for me.

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/7-cool-pictures-of-a-functional-home-that-s-smaller-than-some-bathrooms

I only counted three that would get  real geek upset and I think the geek would figure a workaround very quickly. I count these as first world problems.

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/26-minor-annoyances-that-might-ruin-a-geek-s-day

Wahhhhhhhh............ Now to worry about my friends and family in England getting battered by winds rains and waters.... Very unhappy. Stay safe my friends.