Saturday, April 19, 2014

Mull.....

Clear fresh air with a heavy scent of ocean, or as from a dusty corner of my mind I remember a book that commented on the smell of the sea is only the smell of the things dying on the edge of the water. But its fresher and no ozone of the mountains. Light appears and my view of from a point close to the surface. I can feel rough wood under palms and also smooth spots as hands move across the area. My viewpoint shifts from out to sea across my left shoulder towards the right. Bringing with this view is that I am on an old boat, sail now flapping above me, old and patched. My gaze rests on a tall spire rising from desert and city. Eyes drop down to look at dark feet in rope sandals, a feeling of sadness in the brightness of midday, eyes look up, a rippling in...in something inside... The spire implodes silently......no sound and its gone....



I was having a chat with my oldest friend about things to keep and things to get rid of. I had been thinking of this for quite a while really. I was thinking of the clearing I am trying to do. How hard is it to change? How hard is it to dispose of something you really like? Can you do it? Is it necessary? I feel the need to pare down and minimize. Great in thought but is it possible.

Yesterday I almost drove myself around the bend trying to consider reality. What I came up with is the old axiom. I do not have the referent point to start at if there is one. Is there one or is it moot. Unnecessary to the aspect of the me. Or the Us or We. This came up also. What is after death of our bodies? I know its a dead horse laying in the grass being beaten with little straws by tiny brained gnomes.... Reincarnation? Different plane? Heaven? Hell? Purgatory? Or... again.. we have no referent to describe it so we try, just like the cave man and the eclipse, create a story to help up grasp it.

Twas another day of iffy skies so I didn't even try to take pictures. I did swap and charge batteries though. I also edited a few things I thought were worth it. Along another avenue. I made some plans and wrote them down. Writing down your ideas in a book or phone or pad is a very good idea. Even if it takes years to get back to the idea its there and not forgotten. Its very easy to forget ideas. Places you want to shoot should also be listed along with why. I kept getting distracted while editing. It sucked. I have to hunt through files for what I am exactly looking for and ..... squirrel!








Tucumcari.....

I almost changed the last one but naaaa.... maybe tomorrow.

Few and far between on interesting out there...

Oh no! Back to dingy clothes!

http://gizmodo.com/led-lights-are-ruining-laundry-detergents-white-brighte-1565070690

More unexplained stuff that makes you scratch your head.

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/7-bizarre-unsolved-mysteries-that-will-leave-you-puzzled

Nifty information for you to mull over while scrubbing your feet.

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/35-interesting-things-you-thought-were-true-but-really-aren-t

Or other appendage.

Pip Boy 9000...

http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/19/rufus-cuff-wrist-monster/


Hmmmm.....


Or should we try to be the best we can and help others be the best they can.... or maybe not best but ... achieve... no... its got to be more than material.