Friday, April 18, 2014

City Central

Fade, flash, fade, flash... An interester one. If its myself and not the memories of someone else I am running through, Clearly standing on what I believe is Mount Everest! Not cold! No goggles, and as the view sifts left and then right I have only what looks like a dove gray jacket, no buttons or zippers that I can see and nothing but what looks like darker grey slacks and boots in the snow. Not a footprint anywhere to be seen. I can smell the ozone chill but its not effecting me in the least, nor am I lightheaded from the lack of oxygen at this height... My or a hand attached to these memories comes up and a pocket watch is in my vision.. 11:17 show on the hands. Hand drifts down again. Am I waiting for something? Why am I shown this? Hand raises again and the face shows again, but its not the same... and in a rainbow of light its gone....


Things got done today! Yay! Paperwork reported done so I could get my part done. I wish there had been a longer lead time on it but no luck so you go with what you got. A quick run down to the Verizon store to replace a phone only to be told they were cheaper at Best Buy.... So running over there and getting the same phone for 140 dollar less was great. Setting it up was novel. Galaxy 4S but still. Setting up email and links and speed dials.. woosh. I did complete the spackling and wood puttying of the computer room. The putty kept drying up too fast. Needs a quick sand by hand and then I can paint.

On the camera side....nada! Too ugly again outside even with me staring hard at the gunk in the air and asking it to leave. No luck. I did remember where I took a shot of the city from again. I new have it in my head... why I forgot I just don't know. I also had great ideas on how to do it too.... So soon I will have something worth showing. For today I pulled some pictures that have been laying silent. I picked them because its people in Albuquerque, Not close but not far and it shows Albuquerque in a limited sort of way.

South Coors


Central Assist


Downtown Bus


Stroll


This is Central and one of Coors. What surprises me looking at these is that there is no graffiti anywhere. No, there is some in town but the city is quick to erase it. I am impressed with my Second City.

Now I have some nets for you to check out.

Taking about cities and suburban areas... If you try to glue a nose on a fish.... well.... both smell bad. Creating a blueprint and letting people create their own homes within a limited or close range works.. everything else is fish guts.

http://gizmodo.com/why-is-new-urbanism-so-gosh-darn-creepy-1564337026

Another it would seem where man tries to create utopia... Foolish peoples... Go with the generic 1/3 greenspace and as a good friend of mine does, template that in different positions.

http://gizmodo.com/what-utopias-have-to-do-with-the-19th-century-craze-for-1564535216

Love this.... The inventiveness of the human.... Other than love songs.. yeesh!

http://gizmodo.com/2-500-flaming-gas-burners-make-this-one-awesome-audio-v-1564798528

Hay,,, an App worth downloading.. sadly only with KitKat.

http://www.gizmag.com/google-camera-lens-blur/31705/

Exit, stage left!