Thursday, May 16, 2013

Vile vile..... Oh.. well I am playing with Windows 8 Metro...

While working... and I mean working.. not sitting staring at the clock or surfing the net... Scanning.. filing.. calling... scheduling..running to SW Cargo..grabbing boxes...replacing hard drives... verifying they work..or are working...more typing and processing than I want to think about right now.... I loaded windows 8 onto a laptop... first notice... not having a touch screen weirds your brain out. Second thing I notice is that it integrates or wants to integrate with everything... you know.. like invasion of the body snatchers or more like tendrils of gook slipping into your dermis... Still .. it is first real touch.... and I have things to work on and Ill post more here... unless I trash it and return to 7...LOLOLOL

So... I was taking some silly pictures with my phone... give you an idea of what I wander around in a moments moment...

Page 543 of Tim Powers Declare... you must read this book... its a page turner... available in electronic form too... but since I have two books already ... unless Tim gives me a discount for bulk buying .. aint happining..

On the other hand... a droid razr that stopped working after less than three months... well it is my sons... so..... Verizon is sending a replacement... but.. if it shows water damage it will cost "him" 500 bucks... thats crap!


Still have two copies of the phone book with my balloon on it.. still have yet to receive one residuals check... such cheek!


VHS tapes... yes I still have some floating around.. mostly stuff I cant get on dvd yet.. or if ever.. the first though is a 8 cassette edition of the radio broadcasts of the adaptions of Arthur Conan Doyles Sherlock Holmes.. with the wine commercials in there still.. I have to get these over to mp3 soon... I have to find a cassette player again... crap!

My fav old techy things.. very old.. All these four units predate my marriage! All are working just fine...

Top is a timer/clock by Pioneer.... so that you could have your stereo come on or go off at a specific time... 

Second down is a DBX audio switch. Long before Receivers or Tuner/Amp stereo systems had more than one input or wow two... if you had more than one cassette player or sound enhancer you were screwed.. this unit allows for a bunch of each plus extra stuff like cross selection and sound enhancers and such.. 

Third down is my baby.. that's a DBX 3BX_DS or one of the best sound enhancers ever.  It took albums and cassettes and made them awesome sounding. 

Last but not least is my Numark equalizer .. this is from 1981.... what can I say.. its a brick! Its traveled from Nebraska to Italy to California to Utah to Albuquerque..  Still works amazingly well..

Too bad I rarely use them as they are in the living room and I am almost never in there to listen to music.

I may have to relocate these....

Anyway...... everything up there can be done on your phone now.... pity really.

I did so want a pair of Planar 6 ft tall flat panel speakers .... Nothing like feeling the music without going to the concert.

Here are four links...... ( those of you who have read Declare will get it )



Go figure... I like the idea.. I am getting robbed I telll You robbed!!!



Yeah.. been caught by this sneaky things a few times... nevermore.... nevermore!!



Just... freakin weird!



Great info on ants... surprisingly we have yet to see any this year..... very strange...

There ya go... some weird stuff... a page... lights.. pages... win 8

can you get anymore splattered!